Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: WMI Providers for Gigabytes boards?

Default WMI Providers for Gigabytes boards?

I would like to know if there are proper (or any for that matter) WMI Providers for the Gigabyte mother boards. I want to have my scripting software be able use WMI to read things like CPU Temps, Fan speeds, voltages etc. The basic infrastructure is in Windows WMI architecture but currently do not work on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. I have the Gigabyte drivers installed.

Default Re: WMI Providers for Gigabytes boards?

Or actually better yet, does anyone know of any doc on directly reading the mobo sensors for the various temp and fan speeds?

Hi,
    I have the same problem / requirement for a Gigabyte EQ45 motherboard.
    I would be very interested to know if you've had any success. I'm thinking of trying to access the monitor chip directly through the ISA bus too, but haven't had chance to investigate yet.

No help from Gigabyte. I called them and they were not willing to share a code example!

The closest I got was the chance to buy an SDK from the hwmonitor folks but it was too expensive for me.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Reverse engineer easytune? Plenty of programs can read the sensors on these boards, so couldn't you use one of them to find out how?

Sorry if you know this as I really am not sure what else you mean.

I personally was not thinking about reverse engineering easytune and do not know of any source code that can read the sensors. There probably is some is some of the shareware projects but I did not dig into them. My project will hold off on reading the sensor data till someone springs for the SDK for hwmonitor or until they release it for free.

I will ask Gigabyte for you, but it may be late next week or later until I get an answer as they are busy with GOOC right now. I'll see what I can find for you, they may tell me the same though if they do not want to share something like that with the public.

Is this something that is normally free if available, or always costs? Sorry, I looked it up and am still not clear on what it fully is, as you can tell I don't write software :) I get the jist of what you mean and need it for though

Codeslinger I have heard back from Gigabyte on this, unfortunately the news is as you expected.

The BIOS team is not allowed to share this for legal reasons.

Thread Information