Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help




  1. #11
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    Prime95 is stressing using many different patterns, often it fail where IBT pass with no error.
    Note that the FFT size of the failed test may point to where the problem is, e.g. small FFT may be CPU settings related, and large FFT more memory settings related.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    lafayette, in
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Prime95 is stressing using many different patterns, often it fail where IBT pass with no error.
    Note that the FFT size of the failed test may point to where the problem is, e.g. small FFT may be CPU settings related, and large FFT more memory settings related.
    Ok I'll go ahead and give the prime95 a shot, is there a particular set of custom settings that would be best or should I just do a small, in-place and blend?

    Also I did the IBT test at maximum and so far the first 3 test results, ended in approx. ~13.8GFlops.......so considering thats WAY lower then 24 is there stuff I need to change or should I go ahead wit the Prime test? My MAX temp during was kept around 55C

    I'll go ahead and upload the test results when I get them
    Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6 BIOS Version FD
    Cpu: E8400 Wolfdale (3.6Ghz/400x9)
    Ram:
    (2Gbx2) GSkill PC2-6400 F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B @ DDR-800 4-4-4-12
    Power Supply Unit: Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W
    CPU cooler: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler (39C idle/50C load)

  3. #13
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    Quote Originally Posted by dosequisrex View Post
    Also I did the IBT test at maximum and so far the first 3 test results, ended in approx. ~13.8GFlops.......so considering thats WAY lower then 24 is there stuff I need to change or should I go ahead wit the Prime test? My MAX temp during was kept around 55C
    With stock settings at 2.53GHz, and 1624MB I get 16.9GFlops.
    Is that with the latest settings you have posted? Verify FSB, CPU, and memory frequency with CPU-Z.
    You can try and set threads manually to 2.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    lafayette, in
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    With stock settings at 2.53GHz, and 1624MB I get 16.9GFlops.
    Is that with the latest settings you have posted? Verify FSB, CPU, and memory frequency with CPU-Z.
    You can try and set threads manually to 2.
    Yes I checked CPUz and it all looks to be the right, FSB = 400, CPU = 3600Mhz, Mem freq = 400Mhz.
    here are the test results for IBT

    Code:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8400  @ 3.00GHz
    Clock Speed: 3.61 GHz
    Active Physical Cores: 2
    Total System Memory: 4094 MB
    
    Stress Level: Maximum (2926 MB)
    Testing started on 2/14/2010 10:33:48 AM
    Time (s)		Speed (GFlops)		Result
    [10:39:39] 332.843	13.7925			3.231785e-002
    [10:45:28] 331.366	13.8540			3.231785e-002
    [10:51:18] 332.713	13.7979			3.231785e-002
    [10:57:06] 330.728	13.8807			3.231785e-002
    [11:02:56] 332.282	13.8158			3.231785e-002
    Testing ended on 2/14/2010 11:02:56 AM
    Test Result: Success.
    Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6 BIOS Version FD
    Cpu: E8400 Wolfdale (3.6Ghz/400x9)
    Ram:
    (2Gbx2) GSkill PC2-6400 F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B @ DDR-800 4-4-4-12
    Power Supply Unit: Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W
    CPU cooler: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler (39C idle/50C load)

  5. #15
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    Try to set PLL one notch up and see if there's any change.
    Then increase vcore 1-2 notches each time and see if results are better.
    You can do this with EasyTune->Tuner->Advanced->Voltage tab, increase/decrease the value one step by clicking the triangles and then click "set" to apply.
    Note that those settings are not saved in BIOS, so after finding right settings you need to reboot and set them in BIOS.

    Could you run a memory benchmark and see what you get with it? MaxxMEM² - PreView is what I use, if you have Everest you can use it's Memory & Cache benchmark.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    lafayette, in
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Try to set PLL one notch up and see if there's any change.
    Then increase vcore 1-2 notches each time and see if results are better.
    You can do this with EasyTune->Tuner->Advanced->Voltage tab, increase/decrease the value one step by clicking the triangles and then click "set" to apply.
    Note that those settings are not saved in BIOS, so after finding right settings you need to reboot and set them in BIOS.

    Could you run a memory benchmark and see what you get with it? MaxxMEM² - PreView is what I use, if you have Everest you can use it's Memory & Cache benchmark.
    Yeah I really wish I could get ET to install but I'm getting the instalation error when I try to put the new one on my system. I looked into everything and all my stuff is up to date, so i dunno, guess i'll have to stick with bios adjustments.

    Heres my mem bench.

    Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6 BIOS Version FD
    Cpu: E8400 Wolfdale (3.6Ghz/400x9)
    Ram:
    (2Gbx2) GSkill PC2-6400 F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B @ DDR-800 4-4-4-12
    Power Supply Unit: Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W
    CPU cooler: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler (39C idle/50C load)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    lafayette, in
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    Ok so without easytune (I got it installed but can't change voltages, it just freezes), I just rebooted and raised the PLL by one notch to 1.57 and resulted in a gain from the 13.8 to 16.5GFlops.

    I then raised the VCORE from 1.2250 to 1.23125 and got a gain from 16.5 to 18.3~

    So should I raise to VCORE more? or is this probably an accurate stopping point till I do the prime95 8hr test? (kinda wanna hold off till tonight seeing how it is a prime day for COD:MW2 lol) K thanks -

    heres the easytune pic (can't change anything but figured i'd show it)
    Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6 BIOS Version FD
    Cpu: E8400 Wolfdale (3.6Ghz/400x9)
    Ram:
    (2Gbx2) GSkill PC2-6400 F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B @ DDR-800 4-4-4-12
    Power Supply Unit: Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W
    CPU cooler: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler (39C idle/50C load)

  8. #18
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    At 3.6GHz I get 23.74GFlops (tRD 7, same DDR rate/timings), E8xxx has larger cache and usually do a bit more than the E7xxx, that's why I expect 24+ from your setup.
    Yes keep upping vcore.
    Have you set tRD value manually, to what value if you have?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    lafayette, in
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    At 3.6GHz I get 23.74GFlops (tRD 7, same DDR rate/timings), E8xxx has larger cache and usually do a bit more than the E7xxx, that's why I expect 24+ from your setup.
    Yes keep upping vcore.
    Have you set tRD value manually, to what value if you have?
    I set my tRD value to 10 and then upped my voltage again to 1.2375V and got a 1 time run result of 24.4540GFlops while loading at 60C (also set the threads to 2)
    Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6 BIOS Version FD
    Cpu: E8400 Wolfdale (3.6Ghz/400x9)
    Ram:
    (2Gbx2) GSkill PC2-6400 F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B @ DDR-800 4-4-4-12
    Power Supply Unit: Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W
    CPU cooler: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler (39C idle/50C load)

  10. #20
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: EP45-UD3P e8400 overclock help

    That looks much more reasonable, 60c are fine for IBT at your current OC.

    Try lower your tRD if you intend to have a 3.6GHz profile, 7 usually works at 400FSB with DDR-800 CL4 or DDR-1066 CL5.
    Keep upping vcore untill there is no gain or very little gain in GFlops.

    Run an hour or two small FFT and then 8-12 hours blend and I think you can call it stable if it does not fail.

    BTW do you have the latest EasyTune from GB site? What OS are you running?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •