Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: X58A-UD7 settings reset after shutdown from Win7

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: X58A-UD7 settings reset after shutdown from Win7

Ya, it's the only time I have ever seen it go off too except via PSU shut down. This is likely by design of course though to cut power. No reset here of CMOS, but like I said I may need to test it longer, or is it an instant thing for you?

Ahh, missed that I suppose. For sure update your BIOS, I'd suggest F6a or F6x, both available here (Current final F6 is buggy, please use one of the beta's mentioned)
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

It may just be your BIOS, F2 is pretty old in terms of fixes and improvements and this may have already been addressed since F2 as it works for me so far without issue.

I can test more later or differently if you want, but I suspect you may have no problems once you update to a newer BIOS.

Well good luck on your testing, if you need me to do more to compare let me know

I have the exact same problem when activating EuP support. The BIOS settings are then deleted on every start. I alread reported this to JZ on the German Gigabyte forum a few weeks ago. He collected the system specs of users having this problem and sent it to the BIOS developers so that they can maybe reproduce it.

Are you using the latest BIOS or at least F6a or above? That is what I tested on so just wondering

I've made several tests with different BIOS versions since I have the board and they all gave/give the same result. Currently I'm using F6a (I used F6 until yesterday, but F6a is much faster at detecting IDE devices and thus much faster at booting), but I haven't tested it with it yet. I'll maybe try it in the next days, but I doubt that something has changed as there wasn't anything listed about this in the changelogs.

Well please do test with F6a, it is the only BIOS I tested with/have used.

When you test, are you doing longer tests than what I did? Just wondering still if my tests were too short?

Also, are you stable otherwise to resume from S3? You may or may not be with older BIOS so just checking as I know this is often an issue for many people and older BIOS often do not work properly for this. I know F6a works fine when you are stable, I have resumed many times at 4.0-4.3Ghz 168-220Bclk.

Often times things corrected or added do not get mentioned in a change log unless many people were complaining about it, so they may have just silently fixed it. I know it works here but I may need to do longer tests possibly?

Maybe JZ's data collection can help Gigabyte narrow down the cause as it may be a certain piece of hardware or a certain type of setup/install, ect causing this and not the board or BIOS itself?

Well, the problems occurs immediately after a shutdown. It's pretty strange because the BIOS time is also reset.

I haven't overclocked the system yet, so it runs pretty stable. I don't use S3, because a start is pretty fast, thanks to the SSD :).

The last time I tested EuP was with F5 I think and it didn't work there. I will try it with F6a the next days (I'm busy this week) and see if it works. Hopefully JZ's work will help to get it to work :).

This is how I tested, waited one minute each way (Shutdown/sleep). Do you have a spare CMOS battery you could test with, maybe your CMOS battery is faulty and with the low power delivery of EuP your battery fails and thus everything is reset.

Ohh, sorry I replied as I was reading. Please try F6a, that is the only BIOS I tested with, the one created 2/25/2010 4:08 AM

Using an older BIOS is not helping, considering you have issues that concern you, please update as soon as you can as the issue is resolved as far as I can see with that BIOS anyway. I do not use final BIOSes so I have not tested F6 final.

I now tried it with F6a (there are two versions of F6a; I'm using the newer one from March which is much faster at detecting IDE devices than any former BIOS version), but it gives the same result.
    I forgot to mention the strange behavior. When I turn the PC on (EuP is activated), nothing happens at first. After about 1 second the PC begins to boot, but it immediately restarts. After that the PC boots normally, but all BIOS settings are deleted (including the time o_O). Everyone with this problem has this behavior as far as I know so I don't think the CMOS battery can be reason (it works normally after flashing a new BIOS version etc.) as the board is pretty new (bought it in December). Maybe the power supply and the mainboard (or some other components) don't like each other?

So you used the one I mentioned above? The one I used to test, 2/25/2010 4:08 AM?

If you used that one, and still have the issue then it must either be specific to windows 7 (Which is hard to believe since the issue should happen without a hard drive connected as it happens during the off state), or some other hardware conflict. I suppose it could also be your settings?

Could be PSU, several models have issue with X58, but mostly older ones. What PSU do you have?

No, I used F6a from 3/8/2010 (there are 2 version of F6a, the one you mentioned and a newer one from March which I used). Maybe it's the PSU, I don't know. I have a Cougar S550 at the moment, but I will probably replace it with an Enermax Modu87+ 600 as the Cougar power supply makes a buzzing sound when the CPU is idle (it has some problems with the Intel power saving functions).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information