Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-EX58-UD5 - error code 1C after bios f10

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 - error code 1C after bios f10 [solved]

Quote Originally Posted by warren300 View Post
    ive just flashed to f11 bios and no problems,it could have been your ram ???? are still rma'ing the board? try and get a refund on your original ram.also will it boot with f11 bios and original ram????
    I haven't tried that yet, I'll give it a try tonight and see. It's been running fine (for close to a year) on the old RAM until the f10 update. Yeah, f11 flashed fine and POSTed/booted right away.

I'll see what happens :) Ah, read my other post. No, not RMAing anymore - I was doing a final test before I was about it but it's come back to the living now which is quite a relief.
    Last edited by mr_than; 03-04-2010 at 05:50 AM.

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 - error code 1C after bios f10

Hello,

I've been having the same issue with my UD5 rev.1. I have noticed one really wierd thing about this C1 error. The moment i restart the system I get the C1 error and it does not go beyond that - what ever i do, unless i switch off the system completely from the mains and wait for 15-20 mins. The bios code indicator successfully stops on C1 for 2-3 seconds and then moves ahead for a successful boot.

But your lucks runs out when you restart the system. You HAVE to wait for another 15-20 mins before you can work on the system again. This is really irritating me 'cause i have juggled between rams and slots with different combinations and possibilities, i have reinstalled the xeon processor atleast 15 times with the IFX-14 and AS5, re-attached my GTX260 plenty of times and also my audigy2 ZS sound card the same amount of times to no avail. Also upgrading bios to F12 has no effect.

I am having a huge doubt on the UD5 now. On the internet, C1 may point towards rams/slots, but I feel its the motherboard at fault. If anyone has atleast any idea whats wrong i may well go forward with RMA.

Sorry to dig up an old thread!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Have you tested with different memory?

And or have you tested each stick one by one for a while to ensure it's not just one causing these problems?

Yes, tested with different memory sticks, no luck and yes tried juggling them in different slots too. No luck at all.

But it works when i wait for 15-20 mins and then switch on again.

Hi,

I think I forgot to update this after all that. I swapped out what I had and went to 2GB sticks - these to be explicit: Umart Online

and I was then able to POST and update the BIOS. This RAM was way faster and cooler running that what I'd been using anyway. The change was immediate though - it either worked straight away or it didn't.

I just updated to a full 12GB of this XMP memory yesterday and it's now running quite stably - updated to the beta f13j BIOS just to be sure. But, running it in XMP profile1 (whatever that is) caused instability, so I'm just running it in normal mode.

Still, changing RAM solved the original (catestrophic) problem.

13j didnt work for me. I will try once more with one of my friends ram sticks and report back although it has been quite obvious that the rams are working fine since i must have tried each and every possibility.

I still have to wait for 15-30 mins before i can start my computer and dread every time i restart it. :(

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Does it happen only on cold boot, or anytime you restart the system even if you've been using it for a while?

If it only happens on cold I'd be looking at the memory for sure. If it is only cold boot, cold boot test each stick one by one and see if maybe only one is causing it.

If you want to try that, boot each morning with only one new stick after 8 hours or so of the machine being powered down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information