Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58-UD5 - error code 1C after bios f10

Unhappy GA-EX58-UD5 - error code 1C after bios f10

Hi,

On GA-EX58-UD5 I ran @bios, it downloaded the latest f10 bios from the USA server and updated the bios, prompted for restart. I restarted but it just came back as a blank screen. Monitor does not get signal, stays blank.

POST code stops at 1Ch, I remove all the memory (so none installed) and it did the same, always stopping at 1Ch, I removed the video card (Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX260) too and it was the same. I put one 1GB stick of RAM back in and it still stays at 1Ch, with nothing coming up on the screen.

What can I do? Is there anyway to force the bios to revert to the dualBios? I've tried the clear CMOS button and the jumper (but haven't tried removing the battery yet).

Any ideas or methods of reverting the bios update (when I can't get it to finish POSTing?)

Thanks,

- Nathaniel

Mobo Model Name : GA-EX58-UD5(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : f10
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : GIGABYTE Model : GTX260(216SP) 896M
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : i7 920 Speed : 2.66GHz
    Operation System : Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory Brand : ocz Type : DDR3
    Memory Size : 3x1GB Speed : 1066
    Power Supply : 520 W
    Last edited by mr_than; 02-24-2010 at 05:48 AM.

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 - error code 1C after bios f10

did u makesure it was ex58a-ud5 bios and not ex58-ud5? try removing battery,wont it get to bios screen?? try turning pc on n off a few times as its booting up 1ch error? do you mean c1h error?which is a ram error
    Last edited by warren300; 02-24-2010 at 05:36 AM.
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

I just flashed my GA-EX58-UD5 last night with the F10 bios and all is working well.
    If you have the GA-EX58A-UD5, you just flashed the wrong bios. The web site lists only a F3 bios for your board.
    Sorry to hear that.
    I7-940 core (working on the OC) on a Gigabyte GA EX58-UD5 + F10 bios
    6gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 Ram
    Intel 80gb SSD, Nvidia Quadro FX4800 1.5gb ram
    CoolMaster V8, Corsair 750watt

Hi,

C1 yeah, the book seems to put them the other way around. Yeah, RAM error. It was OK until I flashed it, I say in the BIOS notes this version addressed RAM capacity so I'm half wondering if there's a problem there now. There was only 3GB in the machine (I was gonna add another 6 shortly though).

Alas, I let @BIOS do the choosing, I downloaded the file separately and then didn't use it - I just let @bios download and installed it. It picked up the f10 version so I went with it.

It won't get to any BIOS screen - no monitor activity at all. Even with no RAM in there it doesn't get past C1!

I've tried removing the power and rebooted a lot to no avail so far. I will try removing the battery this evening. Is there anyway to force the backup BIOS to take over or something? I was hoping this is where dualBios would do the business and save me!!

- Nathaniel

sorry, I posted the wrong motherboard name at the start, it's definitely the GA-EX58-UD5, not the X58A
    Last edited by mr_than; 02-24-2010 at 06:01 AM.

just clarify is its the same board as me or the newer ex58a-ud5,with the newer bios's it flashes the back up bios also but i cant be sure whether its had chance to flash the back up,i think it does it if its posts successfully.it wont post without any ram in there and you have to install it in the white slots only,try with just one stick in the first white slot from cpu socket,pm lsdmeasap for advice on how to force the back up bios to flash the main(i just read you edit ok ex58-ud5) it could also be that that f10 bios doesnt like your ram,would be good if you could try with a stick of dual channel ram of another brand in first white slot then if it posts you can flash back to the working bios for your ram
    Last edited by warren300; 02-24-2010 at 05:54 AM.
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Dual Boot
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case

Righto, I've PM'd.

As far as I know you have to have a successful POST before you can update the backup bios (have to hit Alt+F12 I think to do it).

I don't think I can get another brand of RAM very quickly, I'll see what I can do nonetheless. Is there some jumper or something that will make the machine boot off the backup bios at all?

- Nathaniel

Quote Originally Posted by mr_than View Post
    Righto, I've PM'd.

As far as I know you have to have a successful POST before you can update the backup bios (have to hit Alt+F12 I think to do it).

I don't think I can get another brand of RAM very quickly, I'll see what I can do nonetheless. Is there some jumper or something that will make the machine boot off the backup bios at all?

- Nathaniel
    i dont thinkso,but if you have a floppy drive and its first boot device in bios before you flashed then you can make a bootable disk with the bios file on it and it should flash it for you,go on main page and read the section for bad bios flash, here ill copy and paste it .....remember to make the disk bootable first

Attempting to Recover From a Bad Flash or Corrupt BootBlock

Corrupt BIOS BootBlock? It can happen to the best of us!!

There is but only a FEW things you can try to do before you will have to RMA your board if you get a Bad BootBlock or Scanning Hard Drive for BIOS error message.

This can be causes by any number of things, @BIOS, a Bad Flash, a Flash to the incorrect BIOS, a Power interruption during a flash... The list goes on.

Here is a few things you can try in a attempt to recover your BIOS.

*NOTE*
    You MUST have a Floppy Disk Drive installed and set as First Boot Device, BEFORE your system failure. It will not help you at all to try to install one after a BIOS error in a attempt to fix it with these methods.

1. Make a bootable floopy disk by formatting a floppy disk and choosing Create a MS-DOS startup disk in the format options

2. Copy the Award flash utility (Flash895) & BIOS file (.Fxx) to the floppy disk

3. Create an autoexec.bat with “flash895 bios_file_example_name.Fxx” in the content of the batch file, (without the quotes “ ”).

Yes the space is there and is necessary!
    (Example: flash895 gap35ds4.F12)

4. Boot the system with the floppy (it will take a few minutes before screen comes out)

5. Re-flash the BIOS & reboot.

Here is how to create an autoexec.bat File
    1. In Windows, open NotePad
    2. In NotePad, write “flash895 gap35ds4.F12″ (without the quotes “ ”)
    3. Save the file as autoexec.bat

Or

The AWARD BIOS does not automatically restore the BIOS information to the BootBlock. You will need to write the commands necessary to flash the BIOS into the Autoexec.bat file.

The system will run the Autoexec.bat file, which contains the flash instructions.

How To:

1. Create a bootable floppy disk as noted above

2. Copy the BIOS file (.Fxx) and flash utility (Flash895) to the disk

3. Create an text file with any standard text editor and add the following lines (Name it Autoexec.bat after editing)

@ECHO OFF

flash895 gap35ds4.F12 /py/sn/f/cc/r

The AWDFLASH.EXE (Flash895) command switch modifiers used above are explained below:
    /CC = clear CMOS data after programming.
    /CD = clear DMI data after programming.
    /CP = clear PnP (ESCD) data after programming.
    /QI = use BIOS I.D. string from BIOS .bin file.
    /R = reset system after programming.
    /PY = program flash memory.
    /F = Flash BIOS
    /SN = don't save existing BIOS.

* FYI Qflash Switches *

Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2 itxtvisited="1">/C - Clear DMI pool data
    /D - Load CMOS defaults
    /E - Clear CMOS
    /R - Reboot System
    /S - Save Original </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    To view all of the modifiers for AWDFLASH.EXE, type the following at a DOS prompt:

AWDFLASH.EXE /?

And finally, if all of that fails here is one last page, with similar but more in depth methods, keep in mind you will need to change some of the commands listed on this page to match the files you will be using. Change them similar to th above ones. Like if .BIN is discussed it means use .Fxx in it's place, if awardflash is discussed use Flash895 in it's place. The page was written for older BIOS's but all of the same still applies in this instance of Flash Recovery

(*Note* I have this webpage on my hard drive should it ever go down, if so someone please PM me and let me know)

Award 6.0 BIOS - BootBlock Recovery

Suggestions are more then welcome if you guys think I missed anything or need to address something further.

Hope this at least will help some people a bit, and HOPEFULLY save a few from a BAD @BIOS Flash or Otherwise! <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Dual Boot
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case

hmm, thanks. I'll give it a try. I think I had USB drive as first boot device, there's no floopy device in the machine alas.

I'm not sure this will work anyway cos it's not even getting to the point it's looking for a boot device though. What situations does the dual bios kick in? The marketing stuff says if it detects a failure in the first one, I'm just wondering what constitutes a failure.

bummer, this is totally not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_than View Post
    hmm, thanks. I'll give it a try. I think I had USB drive as first boot device, there's no floopy device in the machine alas.

I'm not sure this will work anyway cos it's not even getting to the point it's looking for a boot device though. What situations does the dual bios kick in? The marketing stuff says if it detects a failure in the first one, I'm just wondering what constitutes a failure.

bummer, this is totally not cool.
    i dont think it is a failed bios, i think the newer bios doesnt support your ram for some reason hence the c1h error code,try removing the cmos battery for a few hours maybe then it will revert to the back up bios
    Dual Boot
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information