Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GA-X58A- HDA Header Hardware Issue

Pandu1986 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GA-X58A- HDA Header Hardware Issue

Quote Originally Posted by k1llah3rtz View Post
    Yeah as lsdmeasap said, remove driver (uninstall), reboot, safe mode, run the driver cleaner mentioned previously, run CCleaner (just in case), reboot, install R2.48 or the official driver from GBT. If this still doesn't fix the problem then I'd say RMA... good luck, it took me two attempts.
    Would I remove the driver from the device manager or from control panel and selecting the realtek audio driver? (I believe I have tried both ways, not 100% sure if I did the device manager correctly though)

I will try this again later today. I already tried it once but when the driver sweeper tried to scan in safe mode it couldn't find anything to clean, like realtek audio showed up but when I clicked analyze nothing came up to be removed, which was odd to me because running it while it wasn't in safe mode showed some dll that wasn't gone yet.

the driver i used is that 2.48 one that was released on the website on 5/5/2010

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I would use "Your Uninstaller", that's what I use. I think you can get a trial of it.

It runs the normal uninstaller, then removes any left over programs files, folders, and registry items. Then I'd run a driver sweeper just to be sure, then reboot.

If you want to try the way you mentioned then yes, try the add/remove programs or run the installer again and choose remove, then reboot and run driver sweeper, then reboot and install new drivers, then reboot and test.

Safe mode? Windows safe mode or what? What is the exact driver cleaner program you are trying?

Hi, I have a similar issue with my board (X58A-UD3R) in CM 690 II case. I did a fresh installation of Win 7 x64 Ultimate (the first audio driver I used was 2.48) and I had the issue with front panel. I've tried version 2.46 from Gigabyte site and at first it looked ok, front panel worked as expected. I've disconnected headphones and connected them again - the issue reappeared. After this front panel of CM case worked as expected only once. I have several other cases so I decided to try their front panels without removing motherboard from CM 690 II. These cases are Thermaltake Kandalf, InWin BM639 and Silverstone Sugo SG05. I didn't have this issue with these cases (I've tried to connect and disconnect two pair of headphones in different order, reboot computer with headphones connected, changed drivers back to 2.48 etc.). I've made about 10 experiments with kandalf and 2-3 with other cases - no issues. After this I've connected CM front panel back and problem reappeared. I've noticed some people here returned their motherboards. Is this confirmed Gigabyte issue? I've noticed all problems here are with Cooler Master cases. It looks suspicious to me. Did anybody try other cases with their motherboard?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I believe this is caused by case panel wiring, I note the same issue also with several Antec cases in another forum.

So I suspect your thoughts and testing prove this to be correct, the case panel is the issue in your CM, same as we have deducted with Antec on the other forum I mentioned.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information