Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: The Overclocker issue 9: Gigabyte leads the game with mobo power design

Cool The Overclocker issue 9: Gigabyte leads the game with mobo power design

Guys check out the latest issue of The Overclocker magazine

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/the_overcl...012.cde/page/3

This is an excellent review of motherboard power circuitry in the article "OVERCLOCKING MOTHERBOARDS THE SCIENTIFIC WAY" on pages 12-33 in The Overclocker magazine. It's a rare sight these days for someone to do such an in depth & professional test.

Gigabyte boards look to have best overall mix of efficiency and performance against some admirable competition in EVGA, ASUS, DFI & MSI

Some quotes from the conclusion:

“Gigabyte puts “durable” in the name of the motherboard and has designed its systems for higher efficiency to keep temperatures down. At 24 phases, the Gigabyte EX58A-UD7 had the highest efficiency at overclocked current levels of 100A and above. Both Gigabyte boards offer good performance and good efficiency at the expense of complexity. The CPU power circuitry in both Gigabyte boards is significantly larger than other tested boards, with the exception of the Asus board, which is similarly large.

Asus also catered to the overclocking community when designing the Rampage II Extreme, and the board does fairly well overall, falling just behind the Gigabyte EX58A-UD5 in terms of performance and efficiency.”

…........…

“The better performing boards, the Gigabyte EX58A-UD7, EVGA Classified 760 and ASUS II Rampage Extreme were more stable when overclocking, allowing for higher speeds.
    The best overclocking board, the Gigabyte EX58A-UD5 turned out to be more stable with our processor at the highest speed measured, allowing for a 4.426GHz clock with air cooling. Overall, this board had a good showing in the transient testing, one of the highest efficiencies over the whole useful range, and gave the best overclocking results, so it is the clear winner of this test.”

Default Re: The Overclocker issue 9: Gigabyte leads the game with mobo power design

I need to bump this, because this artivle is one of the best ones I've ever read! On par with the great stuff Kris Boughton/FCG did a while back on Anandtech & The Tech Repository!

Read it if you care about what rules how good a motherboard can overclock!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: The Overclocker issue 9: Gigabyte leads the game with mobo power design

Thanks for the bump Nickel020, I will have to read this when i get a chance tonight

Thread Information