Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Need Help OC'ing E6420 + GA-EP35-DS4

Default Re: Need Help OC'ing E6420 + GA-EP35-DS4

I just talked to Ching at Technical Support and Jason from RMA. They both simply told me that Gigabyte will not RMA a motherboard because it won't overclock. Gigabyte can't guarantee overclocking.

They told me they stress tested the motherboard 24 hours within Windows at stock speeds and everything ran fine.

My main issue with this situation is this - why didn't I get any documentation back stating what they tried and if it worked fine ?

I've wasted my time and little bit of money just to hear Gigabyte employees tell me they don't guarantee their boards to overclock. I told them - "Well you sure as hell market them like they do".

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well that simply sucks, I know they don't support overclocking in general, but that answer is terrible. They host Worldwide overclocking championships and know people overclock everyday with their boards, I can't believe they told you that.

Maybe your best bet would be to sell it and buy a different model? Sorry to say that, but without breaking it on purpose it sounds like they are not going to help.

Did you offer to take a refurb board instead of a new one? That would save them money anyway, and a refurb should work just fine.

No they only offered to replace it with the same exact model of board this second RMA. Jason from RMA said that He was even going out of his way to do this for me. I asked if they could send me a cheaper MicroATX board or something equivalent as long as it it is not the same board. Jason wouldn't agree, he told me he could only replace it with another board of the exact same model (GA-EP35-DS4).

I'm irate... Does this company really think a customer is not going to be irate about sending product back a second time that should have been replaced the first time it was sent across this country ? You're going to cheat me out of my time and shipping costs twice ? I've never had that experience buying any product before.

Gigabyte... good product from my experience, but bad support from the experience. I have a feeling it's like this with a lot of companies.

Same exact model would be fine for sure, as long as it's a different board. Because it's NOT Normal AT ALL for you not to be able to change the FSB, so a second board that is not yours for sure should work just fine.

Jason is a good guy, I've spoke with him a few times myself, so that sounds like something I would expect him to offer. I'd accept that, and ask them to please ensure you do not get your same exact board back, refurb or new it should overclock no problem.

They offered to switch the board out for you, sounds like good service to me. I agree, the shipping twice sucks though, and the waiting, but it is the policy and they are going out of their way to offer you a different board in this case.

I feel for you and know where you are coming from, but I'd for sure accept this and be sure to let Jason know that you would like him to ENSURE that you do not get the same motherboard sent back to you again.

Hmmm, I asked for them to ensure not send me the same board back the first time. If I can sell this board for $50 I am happy. I might decide to RMA it a second time, and hopefully not get the same board back.

To be honest I think I might get a box of dog poop back from them dealing with me on the phone.

Well if you decide to send it back, just be sure to email Jason first and remind him of this and your discussions / his offer, and then put Attn. Jason on the RMA as well with a note inside it to remind him.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information