Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is there a summary posted of changes? (GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6) BIOS Version FE)

Ken429 is offline Senior Member

Default Is there a summary posted of changes? (GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6) BIOS Version FE)

Gigabyte recently updated the BIOS from FD to FE. FD seems to work ok but I would like to know what problems FE fixed or improved upon. Got two of these MB's one with a Q9550 and one with an E6750. Should I goto the trouble of updating?

Default Re: Is there a summary posted of changes? (GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6) BIOS Version FE)

If you have no problems there's no reason to switch. If you're overclocking to the limit it's always worth trying out newer BIOSes to see if you can get a few more MHz, but you still have some OC headroom regardless of the BIOS version.

According to this post FE only improves memory compatability.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Is there a summary posted of changes? (GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6) BIOS Version FE)

Often other fixes and or improvements may be made and not mentioned in any change logs. So if you want the latest improvements it's always best to use the latest BIOS.

Of course that is all up to you to decide though as mentioned above, if you are already or previously used beta's then no need to wait around. I always/only use the latest beta myself, and never use a final BIOS, and have no problems

Ken429 is offline Senior Member

So what your telling me is that Gigabyte does not provide a "change log" for the BIOS updates.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

They do not often post a change log with Beta BIOS, sometimes we get one sometimes not. On the final ones sometimes they post a change or two, the major fixes people had complained about, but not everything.

I'd go ahead and update for sure!

Thread Information