Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

Default Re: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

I think I found the problem with the BSOD, take a look at this RBE pic, clearly the firmware on this card has an issue as it is allways @ 850/1200 MHz clock speed which is too high for the UVD ( I think )

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, I have never personally seen one with only two clock profiles. Everyone I had looked at has all 5 filled, but I have never used Gigabyte GFX Cards, so that might be their normal process?

If you really think that is the issue, you could try lowering them. Your mention of UVD can't apply, because that card does not even have a UVD Profile (2)

I thought ALL Cards should have all 5 profiles, your image looks unlike any I have ever seen.

Here is mine

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-27-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Problem solved, here is waht I did :

TO solve BFBC2 lines I dropped to 9.12 HotFix drivers, the lines are gone but I have some flickering and flashing texture.

To SOlve HD playback I flashed my cards with a none gigabyte Firmware and since I can't control the voltage on this card I chose Sapphir firmware since it is newer than Asus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm, I have never personally seen one with only two clock profiles. Everyone I had looked at has all 5 filled, but I have never used Gigabyte GFX Cards, so that might be their normal process?

If you really think that is the issue, you could try lowering them. Your mention of UVD can't apply, because that card does not even have a UVD Profile (2)

I thought ALL Cards should have all 5 profiles, your image looks unlike any I have ever seen.

Here is mine

You see from what I figured out, UVD runs for HD playback and it needs 400~500 GPU clock speed, higher than that causes the card to BSOD, some people with the same card as mine have this issue, some fixed it with lowering the clock speed when playing HD movies and some flashed their cards with other firmwares.

Gigabyte Germany Board said it is a problem in their Firmware and they are working on a fix.

CHeck it out :

http://62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb...=257&start=0#0
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-27-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Image switch

Nice to hear you got it fixed!

I will keep this thread in mind should I happen to see any others with this issue in the future

Your link above does not work, however I am a member there. So what section and page is the thread in you mention?

Check this link :

GIGABYTE Forum

I'll be coming back to this thread if I find that gigabyte released a firmware for the 5850 and the 5870!

Quote Originally Posted by ZCommander View Post
    OK, let's see, the BSOD code I'm getting is 0x00000116

Also, I used driver sweeper and went back to 10.2.....the strips are gone but now I have some white blocks on some walls in Bad company 2 !!!

One more thing, Gigabyte claims a better temps with these cards......................I'm not sure cause I don't have other 5870 with me to compare but the Temp is really high, so high with these cards, when I try any of them alopne, I idle on desktop at 47 c. !!! even when I rev. up the fans to 100% the temp doesn't change at all !!

When I couple them in CrossfireX the idel temp. goes to 53 c. !!!

Those idle temperatures appear fine. You might, just for grins, try removing the case cover and directing a box fan at the innards just to see how low the cards will idle without the case restricting airflow. That will give you a baseline for future comparisons.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information