Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

1.2v would be loaded once you open OC Guru and hit apply, it should be the same or a tiny bit less than you set (1.2v as shown as your lower limit)

SOC Tuner is linked on page 19, this will show you actual live voltages used

SOC Tuner gives some strange value, it says 0.79xxxxxx and when I hit apply with 1.2V on OC Guru the value doesn't move, instead if I set it to 1.26v SOC Tuner gives 0.829. So definitely the voltage is increasing but I can't figure out the real value.

Can you tell if 1.2 is the default lower limit of OC Guru or there's something wrong with my setup?

I could also try to flash a SOC BIOS with 3d clocks changed to UD defaults, just to be on the safe side for the time being, to check if something changes as I understand that OC Guru is made specifically for SOC cards.
    I was only wondering if besides the higher clocks there's also some other parameters different from UD, settings like memory timings for instance

If you just have one card a Gigabyte GV-R587UD-1GD ,then you don't have to flash the bios or modify it ,you can use afterburner to set what clock you want and use Gigabyte Guru OC tools to set the voltage and it works great ,but will not work in cross fire.My card default setting is 1.15v for booting up .But at low 2D setting when it is clocked at 157/1200 the voltage is 1.063 and when it is running a 3D app the voltage goes up to 1.250v .the voltage fluxuate some.It is not overvolting the card because in 3D apps it is supposed to go up to around 1.250v.I know other cards have different 3D settings for the voltage but this is what my reads at with the F6 Bios.
    Intel i7-3820+Gigabyte EX79-UD5+16g G.SKill-DDR3-1600+Creative X-Fi Titanium+3TB-Seagate
    2-Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3+2-Western Digital 640g+ LG 12X Blu-ray Burner+1- LG DVD 22x Bruner
    2-ASUS Direct CU II GTX-670+XFX-PRO-850watt +Antec-P280 Case+LG-50" HDTV Plasma Monitor
    Logitech G9x + G15 + G25 wheel +Pioneer VSX-1020+Polk Audio speakers+Corsair H-100

It might be your current BIOS, which are you using?

I do not advise you crossflash, it is not needed

Quote Originally Posted by john19055 View Post
    If you just have one card a Gigabyte GV-R587UD-1GD ,then you don't have to flash the bios or modify it ,you can use afterburner to set what clock you want and use Gigabyte Guru OC tools to set the voltage and it works great ,but will not work in cross fire.My card default setting is 1.15v for booting up .But at low 2D setting when it is clocked at 157/1200 the voltage is 1.063 and when it is running a 3D app the voltage goes up to 1.250v .the voltage fluxuate some.It is not overvolting the card because in 3D apps it is supposed to go up to around 1.250v.I know other cards have different 3D settings for the voltage but this is what my reads at with the F6 Bios.
    Hi, I couldn't reply, was on vacation .

I have one card and the default settings I could read in RBE are 1,063 for 2D and 1,15 for 3D but OC Guru gives me 1,202V, a 0,5V more.
    I already unlocked the BIOS, now I can overclock past 900 MHz right away with OC Guru, didn't like the idea to use two tools at the same time.
    Where do you read your voltage? Does OC Guru default to 1,202 as lowest voltage for you too? I just would like to understand if when I set it to 1,25 the card is doing 1,25 minus 0,5 or it is really at 1,25, otherwise it would be difficult to understand how far I can push it staying within safe limit.

@Lsdmeasap
    I'm using F7, I tried with F6 and the reading is the same. The reason I wanted to flash the SOC BIOS was only for testing purposes to check if it is a problem af the UD BIOS or just the defaults of OC Guru

Ahh well I am not sure it would flash, or go well? If you want to try it be sure you have another card and the tools ready in case the flash does not go well and you have to recover via blind flash

hey guys sorry about this
    i've read through this
    and it's all russian to me..
    i have that BSOD problem when watching HD clips.
    i got 10.6 CCC
    and i've tried making a profile yet it still keeps it at that particular clock speed...
    i bought the this particular graphics card the Gigabyte GV-R587UD-1GD
    i went through to find this... which i wasn't sure to change... help would be appreciated thank you =]
    o and my speeds would be hte 850/1200 speed for OC thingo TY

Feature>
    Feature name="AutoTuneSupport" />
    Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
    Property name="Want_0" value="85000" />
    Property name="Want_1" value="85000" />
    Property name="Want_2" value="85000" />
    Feature>
    Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
    Property name="Want_0" value="100000" />
    Property name="Want_1" value="100000" />
    Property name="Want_2" value="100000" />
    Feature>
    Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_0">
    Property name="Want_0" value="1163" />
    Property name="Want_1" value="1163" />
    Property name="Want_2" value="1163" />
    Feature>
    Feature name="MemoryVoltageTarget_0">
    Property name="Want_0" value="0" />
    Property name="Want_1" value="0" />
    Property name="Want_2" value="0" />
    Last edited by ch3n000; 07-08-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh well I am not sure it would flash, or go well? If you want to try it be sure you have another card and the tools ready in case the flash does not go well and you have to recover via blind flash
    I still have my 8800GTS and the mobo has 2 slots PCIE 16X, I should be able to boot up with both cards.

The strange thing is that BIOS SOC F3 in RBE where it says vendor I see "0x0000 - (Apollo, Colorful, Diablotek, MAXSUN, Palit, Peak, Triplex and others)", isn't this odd?

Anyway the card looks like is a bad overclocker, to keep stable 950 MHz I have to move the slide all the way to the end, and there comes the question to which I'm trying to give an answer, is it doing 1,302V or 1,252V?

Quote Originally Posted by ch3n000 View Post
    hey guys sorry about this
    i've read through this
    and it's all russian to me..
    i have that BSOD problem when watching HD clips.
    i got 10.6 CCC
    and i've tried making a profile yet it still keeps it at that particular clock speed...
    i bought the this particular graphics card the Gigabyte GV-R587UD-1GD
    i went through to find this... which i wasn't sure to change... help would be appreciated thank you =]
    o and my speeds would be hte 850/1200 speed for OC thingo TY

Feature>
    Feature name="AutoTuneSupport" />
    Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
    Property name="Want_0" value="85000" />
    Property name="Want_1" value="85000" />
    Property name="Want_2" value="85000" />
    Feature>
    Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
    Property name="Want_0" value="100000" />
    Property name="Want_1" value="100000" />
    Property name="Want_2" value="100000" />
    Feature>
    Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_0">
    Property name="Want_0" value="1163" />
    Property name="Want_1" value="1163" />
    Property name="Want_2" value="1163" />
    Feature>
    Feature name="MemoryVoltageTarget_0">
    Property name="Want_0" value="0" />
    Property name="Want_1" value="0" />
    Property name="Want_2" value="0" />
    Try driver sweeper, then reboot and clean again, then install 10.4 drivers instead

Quote Originally Posted by funnyboy View Post
    I still have my 8800GTS and the mobo has 2 slots PCIE 16X, I should be able to boot up with both cards.

The strange thing is that BIOS SOC F3 in RBE where it says vendor I see "0x0000 - (Apollo, Colorful, Diablotek, MAXSUN, Palit, Peak, Triplex and others)", isn't this odd?

Anyway the card looks like is a bad overclocker, to keep stable 950 MHz I have to move the slide all the way to the end, and there comes the question to which I'm trying to give an answer, is it doing 1,302V or 1,252V?
    I think they just forgot to edit that, I see the same with the F1 original BIOS

I take it your card does not have voltage read point on it then? The SOC does, on the end of the card, top side, at the rear end

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

I think they just forgot to edit that, I see the same with the F1 original BIOS

I take it your card does not have voltage read point on it then? The SOC does, on the end of the card, top side, at the rear end
    I don't seem to spot them, unless they are there but unmarked

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information