Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

Default Re: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

hey guys, i just got this card, i have exacly the same issue with my card just staying on the default 850 core clock and 1200 memory, can i lower these down with afterburner and what values are the default idle ones? Waiting for gigabyte to fix this... cheers-

Quote Originally Posted by diogynes View Post
    Those idle temperatures appear fine. You might, just for grins, try removing the case cover and directing a box fan at the innards just to see how low the cards will idle without the case restricting airflow. That will give you a baseline for future comparisons.

No that is not the case, it is a problem in the firmware which was fixed by flashing the card with another firmware.

Take a look at the following youtube clip, they used the same card that I have "I think " but with some sort of a newer Firmware.

Enjoy the clip :

YouTube - GIGABYTE 5870 SO 1400/1410 Canyonflight 3dmark 2006

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I have (get from Gigabyte) beta bios for GV-R587UD-1GD with 2D, 3D, IDLE clock profiles.

I attachment file are:
    - cyppbeta.bin - beta bios form GB not modified with RBE -> VCORE = 1.163V
    - cyppbeta_1.170V.bin - beta bios form GB modified with RBE -> VCORE = 1.170V
    - cyppbeta_1.200V.bin - beta bios form GB modified with RBE -> VCORE = 1.200V
    - cyppbeta_1.225V.bin - beta bios form GB modified with RBE -> VCORE = 1.225V

Link for this bios pack -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gttzyztnzmm

Regards,

I'm in vacation so I can't test it with my cards, any way with the RBE I can see that there are clocks for 2D which is something good.

Yet there is only one voltage accross all GPU/Memory clocks which seems annoying as I prefer if the cards would undervolt a little when in 2 d mode.

I'll search for the SOC firmware and compare it to this one, I think gigabyte is holding all the candy to this version rather than the UD version.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Payti, did you try running the card using this BIOS at the lowest possible voltage in 2d.

Let's say 0.95v or less @ 157 GPU ?

Also how high were you able to reach on the GPU clock with voltage of 1.2x ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZCommander View Post
    Payti, did you try running the card using this BIOS at the lowest possible voltage in 2d.

Let's say 0.95v or less @ 157 GPU ?

Also how high were you able to reach on the GPU clock with voltage of 1.2x ?
    No I don't. Only check cypbeta.bin with 1.163V with all modes. But I think after read most opinion about using MSI Afterburner that with good cooling max tweak voltage 1.225V is possible. I think more are dangerous for Cypress. Eg. on XFX 5870 XXX Edition bioses and MSI 5870 Lightning factory max voltage settings are 1.175V. We may try more at own risk.

Regards,
    Last edited by Payti; 04-06-2010 at 03:30 AM.

Any reports on the beta gigabyte bios performance?

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information