Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

Default Re: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

To clear up some confusion regarding this post. The problems you are facing are to do with power saving features within ATI cards in 2d modes. As some will know in the Catalyst 9 series this wasnt a problem but back in Catalyst 10 it has been put back.

There are a couple of things you can do to solve the 2d clocks, assuming you are having 2d issues? Some do and do not.

If you are experiencing any crashes in 2d mode, artificats in 2d mode, crashes or freezing when playing videos, or anything on the desktop etc etc but you are find in 3d games then you prob have a 2d clock issue. The reason the problem occurs (for some people) is when the 2d clocks change to the 3d clock speeds causing a crash in some cases.

You can make a custom 2d profile if you wish to fix this.....

1. Open CCC

2. Unlock and Enable Overdrive

3. Go to Options/Profiles/Profiles Manager. Create a new profile. Under composition make sure “ATI Overdrive” is checked. Save and Close, DO NOT ACTIVATE.

4. In windows go to: C:\Users\Computer\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles\y our profile (you will need to have “show hidden files” turned on for this)

5. Right click and choose edit on the profile, you can open it in notepad etc to make the changes

Look for.....

Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0"
    Property name="Want_0" value="15700" This is your 2d GPU clock idle speed
    Property name="Want_1" value="55000"
    Property name="Want_2" value="72500"
    Feature
    Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0"
    Property name="Want_0" value="30000" This is your 2d Memory clock idle speed
    Property name="Want_1" value="100000"
    Property name="Want_2" value="100000"
    If you have a dual GPU card like the 5970 you will have to make the changes to

Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0" - "MemoryClockTarget_0"
    Feature name="CoreClockTarget_1" - "MemoryClockTarget_1"

"0" is GPU 1, "1" is GPU 2 and so on....

So that would be both GPU's and Memory clock speeds.

Dependant what card you have will depend what you want to set your 2d clocks too. Im not going to tell you what to set your 2d clocks too because everyone is different. As long as you dont go over your 3d clock speeds the card will be fine. It is only there as a power saving feature in idle mode.

6. Save and close. Go back to CCC and activate the profile you just created.

Hope this of some help.

Silver
    Last edited by SB420; 04-19-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Didnt like symbols

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for posting that tip SB420, hopefully it will help some users now or in the future with these types of problems!

This does not help until windows loads though does it?

No but i read from some members complaining retgarding 2d issues, audio dropouts, artifacts, crashing in windows but not games etc so thought id write this to see if it helped someone...

Both the issues on page 1 of this thread are easily fixed following my guide.

The HD movies etc will crash when the 2d clocks change to the 3d clock speeds (if you have this issue)

And Bad Company 2 is something completly different and there is a patch for that to solve its problems.

So for the person with the HD playback, this is something you will prob want to try :)

If you need any help......

Silver

Ok, @SB420 I'll try it today. Now I observe next probably problem. With 3D gaming first card going after few minutes to @600MHz GPU clock (master card) and second (linked card) stay @850MHz - bios F6A.

This is the same problem with no defined 3D profile or minor bios bug ?

I have G15 Logitech Gaming keyboard with LCD and turned on with MSI Afterburner reporting to LCD display GPU/MEM frequency and temperatures.

Regards,

Are you saying your master card wont go above 600mhz? If you dont mind me asking how are you checking this when gaming? Do you have more than one monitor?

When you go to your custom profiles as shown above and see this....

Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0"
    Property name="Want_0" value="15700"
    Property name="Want_1" value="55000"
    Property name="Want_2" value="72500" <<<<< What is this value as default?
    Feature
    Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0"
    Property name="Want_0" value="30000"
    Property name="Want_1" value="100000"
    Property name="Want_2" value="100000" <<< What is this value at deault?

Can you let me know the above please. Also are you sure your not confusing your GPU clock with your memory clock? Reason i ask is because in idle your 2nd GPU would show 000/000mhz (core and memory) as ULPS is enabled as default which kills the 2nd GPU in 2d mode. This can be disabled with a regedit tweak if need be though i doubt this is the cause of your issue. Let me know the answers to the above when you can.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SB420 View Post
    Are you saying your master card wont go above 600mhz? If you dont mind me asking how are you checking this when gaming? Do you have more than one monitor?
    Silver
    No may go above @850MHz no problem, but after few munutes 3D gaming stayed @600MHz ;( (on GPU master). I have installed and configured MSI Afterburner and software from G15 Logitech keyboard and this SW may monitoring GPU/MEM clock freguency, temperatres and display them on keyboard LCD panel at live time.

Profiles I'll test today and report results.

Regards,

What are you using MSI Afterburner for? Have you overclocked the card?

Let me know what your text file shows for the default profile so i can see the clock speeds.

Either way its not a problem as its easy to configure the clocks.

Quote Originally Posted by SB420 View Post
    What are you using MSI Afterburner for? Have you overclocked the card?

Let me know what your text file shows for the default profile so i can see the clock speeds.

Either way its not a problem as its easy to configure the clocks.
    MSI afterburner only for monitoring temps and clocks with G15 LCD. About text file I'll inform when will be at home today.

Regards,

Ahh ok i see, only asked as if you was planning to overclock the cores i would of done it in a diff way.

Speak when your home.

Silver

Ok one problem solved. I was install 10.4 preview Catalyst driver and set ENABLEULPS to 0 for all with regedit and now I have in 2D mode @157MHz both cards and may check core clocks and temps in CCC. But second problem going to @600MHz stayed ;( Maybe it's a temperature problem? I have with 3D gaming first card 89-91 'C and second card have only 78 'C - why? I have cards in PCIe #1 and #3 slot x16x16 on mobo Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 and six fans in case ....

Regards,

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information