Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

Default GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

Good day,

I recently ( Today ) purchased 2 X GV-R587UD-1GD to replace my 2 4870x2 that I sold to friends, I'm having the following 2 problems :

1- (Major issue) I can not run any high Def. movie on my PC any more, the PC will lockup then BSOD.

2- (not so major) In Bad Company 2 I keep gettings horizental lines across the screen, like the lines you see when you cam cord a CRT monitor. Only BAd Company 2 shows this, I tried some other games but they work fine.

I'm using 10.3a and also tried 10.2 but the same problem.

Thx.

<!-- / message -->

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GV-R587UD-1GD Problems

What PSU do you have? It may not be enough to power both cards causing a BSOD. Do you know what BSOD Code it is, it will be in this format 0x00000000

Did you check the cards temps to be sure they are not overheating? This would cause the lines you mention, but of course it could just be a driver issue since only that one game is affected

I'm using SIlverstone ST1500 watt, used it to run 2 4870x2 + GTS250 for physX.

've noticed also people with the same issue on this card when playing HD clips.

It could be a faulty card then? Do both cards do this when tested by themselves?

And it is only the one game right?

Regarding the lines, they only appears in bad company 2 only, I've tried other games like Left 4 dead, supreme commander 2, star trek online and Americas Army 3, only Bad company 2 shows these lines, regarding the playing of HD clips, I tried both cards alone and still would freez then BSOD, I'll get you the BSOD code as soon as I leave office.

Hmm, so both cards, together or apart, in only one game. Sounds like it is just the driver is not good for that game yet then, this is normal for many games/driver combinations.

Do you get the lines/BSOD of you run furmark?
    FurMark: Graphics Card Stability and Stress Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

I'll be leaving for lunch in an hour an a half, I'll test my Graphiucas card then with furmark and report back to you.

OK, let's see, the BSOD code I'm getting is 0x00000116

Also, I used driver sweeper and went back to 10.2.....the strips are gone but now I have some white blocks on some walls in Bad company 2 !!!

One more thing, Gigabyte claims a better temps with these cards......................I'm not sure cause I don't have other 5870 with me to compare but the Temp is really high, so high with these cards, when I try any of them alopne, I idle on desktop at 47 c. !!! even when I rev. up the fans to 100% the temp doesn't change at all !!

When I couple them in CrossfireX the idel temp. goes to 53 c. !!!

*deleted
    Last edited by ZCommander; 03-22-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Sounds like bad company 2 is just not agreeing with your drivers.

Those idle temps are ok and should not be causing this issue for you. When you run Furmark, keep an eye on temps then and let us know what they are at load.

That error code is common, especially to windows 7 default drivers, but you are using ATI ones so not sure why it is doing that. I can say it is caused by the driver though
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa469184.aspx

You can also see here, I know one post but sounds like what I would suggest as well, that this is normal and only may affect certain games like you are seeing. Send in a report to the game manufacturer and see what they have to say about it, it may be a known issue
    http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/mic...0000002-a.html
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-22-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information