Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EX58-UD3R, Delete key dont let me go into bois after F11 update.

Default GA-EX58-UD3R, Delete key dont let me go into bois after F11 update.

Hi,
    I updated my GA-EX58-UD3R (Rev 1.0) with the latest bois F11 and now have problems getting into the bois with the delete key.

Had no problems till i updated it, now the problem ranges from everytime to often. I can restart the computer 5 6 7 times and every time it goes into the bois with out issue, then the next time i press the delete key it seems to make my keyboard freeze and i cant get any other keys to work either like Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart it again or type in dos commands. If i let the computer boot up fully and get to windows, windows has no problems and the keyboard works fine. I then restart and i can have the same problem over and over for 20-30-40 reboots and then randomly one time it will let me get back into the bios when i press delete. Other times its just completely random where i turn it on for the first time that day and delete works, 1 restart and it dont work, restart again and does work, then 3 restarts and delete works fine then the fourth time it dont again. Driving me nuts!

At first i thougth it was a problem with a usb cable or the keyboard itself, then i thought it might be my KVM.
    I have illiminated everything but the motherboard.
    It seems to have a much higher chance of happening more often if i have lots of things enabled or changed from the fail safe default settings, like having AHCI or Raid enabled. But it also happens with the bear min hardware installed. 1 stick of ram, CPU and graphics card with all other (non-motherboard needed) leads and power cables removed or detached with default fail safes. It is also not just limited to USB, i have plugged my PS2 keyboard into the PS2 port and while it has a higher chance of working more often it still can happen to it as well, still with the bear min installed and on fail safe default settings. I've tried 3 different power supplys too, all 600W or higher. I've also on a number of occasions tried clearing the CMOS. I've tried spaming the delete key, gently pressing it a few times, pressing other keys first then the delete key. I've now worked out the best time to press the delete key, so i know its not my timing.

The keyboards i'm using definatly work, as well as all the cables as i plugged them into a GA-965P-DS4 and the USB, PS2 and KVM all work as they had been before on the UDR3. The delete key works everytime on that system, plug them into the UD3R and the problem occurs again. I've gone through all the settings in the bois, i've tried turning USB Mouse function and keyboard function on and off, USB controlers on/off, USB storage on/off, Num lock on bootup on/off, but i did not think this would work nor anything else i tried becuase there is no settings i could change for a PS2 keyboard and it was at that point when that had the same problem i realised that this is not something i could fix my end. What has really annoyed me though is after figuring out it was the motherboad and the new bois update that did this i just thought i would put on the previous version i had and all would work again, but alas this has not been the case.

It is a massive inconvinience to have to keep restarting 20 times to randomly wait for the 1 time it works and the delete key lets me get into the bois.

Anyone have idea as to something i could try that i have not already, or have an idea what has gone wrong even if its not something i can fix?

I'm very convinced this is all due to the bois update F11 and something is badly wrong with it. Is there going to be a new bois soon to fix this? As going back to an old one does not remove the issue the F11 bois created.
    Any help appreciated.

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD3R, Delete key dont let me go into bois after F11 update.

what bios did you flash back too? try an older one if you can,also have you updated your usb keyboard drivers? and your intel inf chipset drivers???? i use a usb keyboard and a ps2 keyboard and dont have any problems,also try removing the cmos battery overnight then load optimized defaults,i have ahci enabled too
    Last edited by warren300; 03-23-2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

I tried, F6, F8, F9, F10.

How does updating my drivers in windows let me boot into the bios?
    I have the latest drivers for my usb keyboard (its a merc stealth). But i have also used a Logitech G11, Logitech Bog standard wireless keyboard as well as a PS2 keyboard which has no drivers to update to.
    I have the latest inf from intel as well. The keyboard works fine once it gets to windows, the delete key and everything else works fine, its when i reboot or turn on the computer and want to go into the bios that i have a problem of the delete key wont let me in on unpredicatble occasions.

I have removed the cmos battery for about 2 hours and i have tried optimal defaults too. Would a day make any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by warren300 View Post
    also have you updated your usb keyboard drivers? and your intel inf chipset drivers????
    What good will that do him when he's trying to access the BIOS? Drivers aren't loaded at POST, they are loaded with the OS after POST.
    Last edited by hostile; 03-23-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    Gaming Box | CM 690II Advanced | PCP&C Silencer 750w | Intel E6550 w/ Xigmatek Dark Knight | Gigabyte EP45-UD3R | BFG 8800GT OC | 2x G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (8GB) | WD Black 640GB | LiteOn 16x DVD-ROM | NEC 3500A | Dell 2407WFP | Win7 64-bit Business
    WHS | Antec 900 | OCZ StealthXStream 500w | Intel E1500 | ASUS P5K | EVGA 7900GT | 4x1GB DDR | WD 80GB (OS) | 2x Seagate 1TB SATA | 2x WD 750GB SATA | CoolerMaster 4-in-3 HD Cage | WHS PP1

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please send in a report, and ask the support team to forward the information to the BIOS engineers.

Send in the report here, include all of your hardware/specs and your main keyboard type (USB/PS2), model #, ect
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Also include a link to this thread so they can read/translate your full report and all things you have tried, you don't need to make your initial report to them as detailed as above (Because they will translate so too much info may be unhelpful).

Then I suggest for now going back to a older BIOS that works for you until they can resolve the issue.

that was just incase he was having problems in windows,i use a razer lycosa and it works fine,even when usb keyboard isnt enabled in bios or any drivers loaded it still worked in the bios menus but you need drivers and usb enabled when in windows,and leaving cmos out overnight will give it a good chance to clear
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Thread Information