Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P55A-UD4P - Simultaneous F/R Audio

Default P55A-UD4P - Simultaneous F/R Audio

My case has front headphone jacks with a single cable with two plugs on the end to plug into the front audio header on the motherboard. One plug is labeled AC'97 and the other is HD-Audio, I chose the HD-Audio.

I plugged my speakers into the rear panel and headphones into the front.

I set the Realtek HD Audio Manager to output 2 different simultaneous streams to the front and rear jacks but I can't get them to output sound at the same time.

I would prefer to have output out of both and not have to plug/unplug the headphones to use them.

Thanks

PS. I have a P183 case with four case fans on a very low setting and a Ninja heat sink on an i7 860. My core temps are 28C right now, were at 60 when running Prime95 stress test. Before I started overclocking I wanted to know if those were reasonable temps just to confirm the heat sink is making a good connection.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P55A-UD4P - Simultaneous F/R Audio

I do not believe this is possible, but I could be wrong as I am not an audio guy. Are you using the latest Realtek driver, if not I suggest you update to it, you can get the latest (R2.45) at the following link
    Realtek

Temps sound ok to me, that cooler might not keep up with a large overclock at load though

Quote Originally Posted by GTVic View Post
    My case has front headphone jacks with a single cable with two plugs on the end to plug into the front audio header on the motherboard. One plug is labeled AC'97 and the other is HD-Audio, I chose the HD-Audio.

I plugged my speakers into the rear panel and headphones into the front.

I set the Realtek HD Audio Manager to output 2 different simultaneous streams to the front and rear jacks but I can't get them to output sound at the same time.

I would prefer to have output out of both and not have to plug/unplug the headphones to use them.

Thanks

PS. I have a P183 case with four case fans on a very low setting and a Ninja heat sink on an i7 860. My core temps are 28C right now, were at 60 when running Prime95 stress test. Before I started overclocking I wanted to know if those were reasonable temps just to confirm the heat sink is making a good connection.
    if you have win7 you have to right click the speaker/playback devices and select speakers or your headfones as default(which ever one you want to hear sound through) that way you wont need to plug/unplug headphones...........as for both outputs at the same time i dont think you can
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Thanks for the replies, on my old motherboard I used the AC'97 jack and was able to get both at the same time. I think the wiring on that jack might be connected to allow both as a single output, basically just hardwired together.

Perhaps that is not permissable when outputting HD to the front connector because you would then be connecting separate multiple back outputs to a single front output. I was hoping they would just be able to send the same signal to both outputs with some method other than a physical short between the outputs.

Anyway, I was looking for confirmation before I went to the effort of unhooking everything and opening up the case but I guess I will just give the other connector a try.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I do believe there is some button/switch in the realtek software that you could enable/disable for whichever you are or are not using, same applie to doing so with windows as mentioned above. Then you could leave both connected and only use the one you want at the time

Thread Information