Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X58-UD7 sata and memory setup advice.

Default Re: X58-UD7 sata and memory setup advice.

Hi,

Thanks for that but I found out what the problem was. I set the floppy to none and windows 7 installed just fine

Flo

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nah, I got past that problem but I keep getting random reboots that seem to be related to the intel raid controller. The system will blue screen and then, when it reboots and it lists the drives attached to the intel controller it lists them really slowly and reports the last one as S.M.A.R.T failed. When I get into windows it shows the drive in disk management but with no drive letter and it won't let you assign one, it won't let you do anything with it. I have to do a restore to a point before the bluescreen and then it's fine for a while. It's not the drive cos I've swapped it for another. I'm in the process of reinstalling in case it's a driver issue

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, did you test the drive with the manufacturer tools? If not please do, it may be failing on you.

If you need help finding the tools let me know which drive causes the issue and I will link you to the right tool to test with.

Ohh, sorry I reply as I read. So you switched drives and the same happens? If so and a restore point fixes this, what did you install between now and that restore point? Could be some conflicting driver or program.

If you are doing a clean install, good luck and I hope that fixes it for you. Be sure you install programs and drivers slowly making a restore point between every few installs, that way you can try to narrow it down to a certain driver or program in case that is the cause.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information