Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Experience Index and EP45-UD3P

Default Re: Windows Experience Index and EP45-UD3P

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, go ahead and put in a ticket and see what they say about this. Link to this thread, and yes please let me have the ticket # or login info, then when I speak with my contact again I will see if he knows this board model is also affected and see if he can ask the engineers if they are working on a fix.

It may take a week or more for me to find out anything for you on my end because my contact has been very busy lately with various promotions and contests going on right now. So you may get a quicker response via the support system, but I will still ask directly and see what I can find out for you.

No problem man, I appreciate your help. I did put a ticket in -- I didn't get a ticket # or anything, just a confirmation saying they received my email and will get back to me as soon as possible. We'll see what happens.

Yeah, if you could ask your contact that would be awesome, I really appreciate the help

Thanks!

Chris

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I'll see what he has to say, let us know if they get back to you via the support system.

You should have got a login right? You can use your email and login to check the status of the ticket I believe.

Hey there,

I heard back from Gigabyte support. Unfortunately I got a canned response :/

Here's what they said:

<TABLE class=Block_Main cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#edf3fd><TD vAlign=top width=100>Answer : </TD><TD>Dear Customer

The board should not be any issue with running WEI, make sure the OS was a fresh clean installation on this system. Update all proper drivers for chipset and display. If there are any overclocking being applied please set it back to default, also reduce down to single stick of memory for further testing
    </TD></TR><TR><TD background=images/pop-bgtitle.jpg colSpan=2>Question - 902480

</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#edf3fd><TD>From : </TD><TD>Chris Foote [ datalife@aol.com ]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#edf3fd><TD>Sent : </TD><TD>3/31/2010 22:49</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#edf3fd><TD vAlign=top>Question : </TD><TD>
    *** PLEASE FORWARD TO BIOS ENGINEERS ***

Hello,

I am unable to run the Windows Experience Index (WEI) in Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit). When I try to run the benchmarks, they finish completing and then I get an error message stating the the benchmarks could not be completed.

In looking at the WEI error log, I found the following entry:

"winsat\main.cpp:4736: ERROR:* Unable to save validated results."

I have flashed to the latest BIOS released last week for this motherboard (FE). It did not fix the problem.

I have been in talks with some Gigabyte contacts in this forum, and they suggested I contact you. Here is a link to the discussion about this problem:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/wind...45-ud3p-38862/

If you could provide any help in getting this fixed via a BIOS update, that would be great. I am told that this is a known issue with various Gigabyte motherboards and that you have fixed the problem in other models.

Thank you for your help. Please contact me if you need additional information.

Chris

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-EP45-UD3P(rev. 1.6)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.6
    BIOS Ver : FE
    Serial No. :
    Purchase Dealer :
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : ATi Model : 5750
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : E8400 Speed : 3.00
    Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP :
    Memory Brand : G.Skill Type : DDRII
    Memory Size : 4GB Speed : 800
    Power Supply : 650 W

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm going to try an old NVidia 8600 I have kicking around here and see if that changes anything, but WEI flies through the benchmarks and its only at the end that it messes up. This happens on a bone stock Win7 build -- no updated drivers, no custom drivers, nothing, just a fresh copy of Win7.

When you have a chance, if you could ask your contact that would be sweet. I have a feeling something is up with this...I'll keep you updated once I have a chance to throw the 8600 into the system.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

I will see if the BIOS engineers are looking into this or are aware of an issue or not, but they may be busy though with GOOC going on right now so they may not have time to test anything for a bit.

Does this happen in Vista too or have you tested? Do you know other current users of this board? If so does this happen to them as well still, with the FE BIOS or others?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-04-2010 at 12:55 AM.

CFoote Please send me your contact information, Gigabyte would like to have your local Gigabyte FAE get in contact with you to try to resolve this because the team in Taiwan cannot replicate the issue/problem.

Please send me your contact details in a PM so your info is not out in the public. Email and phone number would be fine I assume, possibly just email but go ahead and send phone info too in case they want to call you and talk directly.

Thanks

Out of curiosity, what happens if you try to play any GPU accelerated video such as h264 in WMP? Does it play fine or do you have issues?

General users might not have h264 codec, so if it fails be sure to install a codec to play such items.

The reason I mention is is because I have the display driver crash while decoding HD video, but it also happens during WEI when it tests the GPU media decoding performance (which then fails with an albiet different error message). Was curious if the issues could be related.

Ahh ok! Thanks, hopefully he can test this. I sent him a PM, but out Email notifications are down, so I might have to email him directly if he does not reply this weekend, that way I can put him in direct contact with Gigabyte.

Thank you both for the responses. I will definitely try the h264 video today and will let you know. Also, I will try an NVidia card just to see if it's an ATI issue.

I'll be sure to send you contact info -- that is great, and I really appreciate you getting someone to take a look at this for me. Hopefully it's something simple -- being that this issue happens on a base load of Win7, I'm not too optimistic about that, but we'll see.

Talk to you guys soon!

Chris

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information