Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Windows Experience Index and EP45-UD3P

Default Re: Windows Experience Index and EP45-UD3P

Lsdmeasap(and all others following our adventure),

I am using the official Gigabyte FE BIOS from their website. I also am using a legal copy of Win 7 x64
    that I recieved from my university. I will give a different BIOS a try, but I do like to keep my BIOS
    to the most current version. Mainly I like to do this because of overclocking as well as faster AHCI BIOS
    loading. I have not used any of the Gigabyte specific drivers as they are out of date. I have allowed for
    Win 7 drivers to be used besides: Realtek Sound and Realtek Ethernet.

One Question, When you guys are referring to the Gigabyte SATA ports, are you referring to the two purple
    JMicron ports on the motherboard? I am not using these as of right now, but I am pretty sure that they are
    installed in the device manager. Should I uninstall these and give that a try?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for the added info.

Yes, those are exactly the ports and drivers I am referring to.

Please uninstall the GMBX (Think that is right?) drivers if you are not using RAID on those ports as this can cause random issues with various things having the drivers installed, and this is random so I thought it would be good to have you guys check that and correct if you did have them installed.

All,

I rolled back my BIOS to the FD BIOS for the Revision 1.6 EP45-UD3P instead of the newest FE bios, and it is now working. From this I can conclude especially with my system, that the FE BIOS is not compatible with Windows Experience Index. I will have to wait to see if Gigabyte ever updates ad see whether or not the following BIOS is compatible.

Greg

CFoote, did you try older BIOS as well before? I thought I asked you and you did, maybe not?

If you have not please let me know, and if not please test older BIOS and see if it fixes it. If it does this is something that should help them correct the issue.

Did they get a hold of you directly yet? I know you are busy with your bathroom, just checking in is all.

Quote Originally Posted by yshuwen521 View Post
    Hi CFoote,

What is your motherboard revison? 1.0, 1.1 or 1.6? Where did you connect your Raptor? On Intel SATA or Gigabyte SATA?
    Enter BIOS and load Opt., disable Gigabyte SATA manually in BIOS. Did you ask the Western Digital for any F/W updates on your Raptor?
    If you have Vista OS, please also try Vista. And the last, where did you get your Windows 7 from? Thanks.
    Hi!

Sorry for the delay, I've been exhausted from workong on my bathroom. That's another headache all together :)

My Mobo revision is 1.6. I connected the Raptor to the Intel SATA ports (I was told the Intel ones are slightly faster than the Gigabyte ones). Firmware is up to date, and this drive has worked with an ASUS board with 7 and did not have any issues reporting the Windows Experience Index.

My 7 is a full retail copy :) I'm actually certified with Microsoft so I purchased a discounted copy from them, but it's a full legit retail copy.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    CFoote, did you try older BIOS as well before? I thought I asked you and you did, maybe not?

If you have not please let me know, and if not please test older BIOS and see if it fixes it. If it does this is something that should help them correct the issue.

Did they get a hold of you directly yet? I know you are busy with your bathroom, just checking in is all.
    Hello,

I have not tried an older BIOS yet, but that sounds like a great idea, I'll give it a try now. I had FD on there, and it did not work. FE did not help either, but I'll try something prior to FD.

They have not contacted me just yet.

Chris

OK, I just downgraded to bios FB from Gigabytes website, and lo and behold, WEI works!!!!!

Not sure whats going on, but FD and FE versions did NOT work for me.

It looks like the same situation happened with Greg, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I am using the same exact settings in FB that I used in the FD/FE versions, with all my current drivers, programs, etc...the only thing that changed is the BIOS.

Help!!! :) We need a BIOS engineer

Chris

Thanks, I will pass this along to them right now.

Sorry they did not get in contact with you too! I will also let my contact know that you were never contacted as of yet on this.

My contact also wanted me to pass along his thanks to you guys for your testing. He will forward your findings to the BIOS Engineers and see if they can find the cause.

So thanks to you guys, From Gigabyte!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    My contact also wanted me to pass along his thanks to you guys for your testing. He will forward your findings to the BIOS Engineers and see if they can find the cause.

So thanks to you guys, From Gigabyte!
    Thank YOU!!! You have been a great help in trying to track this problem down, and we wouldn't have been able to do it without you. Please thank your contact as well.

You have my name, email and phone #, if the Gigabyte folks have something they would like me to test, please have them get in touch. Also, if they have any questions on system config, I'd be happy to try and help them duplicate the problem.

Thanks again.

Chris

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information