Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Experience Index and EP45-UD3P

Default Windows Experience Index and EP45-UD3P

Hi there,

I have a GA-EP45-UD3P with an E8400 and 4GB of G.Skill memory, ATI 5750 graphics card and a Raptor drive. OS is Win7 x64 Ultimate.

The configuration works great, but any time I try to run the Windows Experience Index, I get an error message. I looked in the Windows Experience Index log, and the error is:

"winsat\main.cpp:4736: ERROR:* Unable to save validated results."

I just upgraded to the latest version of the BIOS out, version FE, and I had no luck fixing the error.

I installed a fresh copy of Win7 x64 without any updates, any drivers, and still have the same problem.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? I thought Gigabyte was aware of this issue, yes the bios released last week still doesn't fix this problem.

It's obviously not a huge deal, but it still annoys me...

Thanks for any info.

Chris

Default Re: Windows Experience Index and EP45-UD3P

its probably your graphics card,the 5000 series arnt yet supported in easytune either,maybe a newer bios will fix it or a windows update
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Make sure if your using sata drives set it to that not ide or raid.
    ASROCK KK10N78M
    AMN PHENOMII X3-740 BE
    WD 500 GIG HDD
    GAMMAXX 300 DEEP COOL
    2X1 CRUCIAL BALLISICKS
    ANTEC EARTHWATTS 585 WATT PSU
    2XLITE ON BURNERS
    6X45 WATT LAMPTRON FC2 FAN CONT.
    ASUS 210 VIDEO CARD
    RAIDMAX DIRK TOOTH SMILADON CASE

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your responses. I'll have to try and see if I can get a NVidia card and see if it does the same thing.

I am using the most current ATI driver, but I had this problem on a base Win7 load, with no updated drivers or anything, just the base drivers from the Win7 DVD.

I did a google search and heard that Gigabyte is aware of the issue, but I wanted to confirm that....I wasn't sure if there was anyone from Gigabyte here :)

Thanks,

Chris

Can you link us to what you found?

I do not work for Gigabyte, but I do work closely with them as in I speak with them on a direct basis often several times a week

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Can you link us to what you found?

I do not work for Gigabyte, but I do work closely with them as in I speak with them on a direct basis often several times a week
    Hi there,

Sure, here are a few posts:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...55/#post338054

Look for a post by Runfox on November 24th, 2009:

WEI - The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed.

Another user that had it fixed via a BIOS Update (not the EP45-UD3P, but another model)

Cyber Tech Help Support Forums - View Single Post - Windows Experience Index Not Working

Another user named "Whisper2" loaded a BIOS updated to his Gigabyte board and he was fixed (4th post down)

Cannot complete assessment - Windows Experience Index

I appreciate any help you could provide, I'll be happy to send you a case of your favorite beer :)

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks!

When you updated your BIOS you did load optimized defaults right, then save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS before making any changes? If so good, if not please do that now.

If you already did that, would you mind reflashing again, the same BIOS. This time use Qflash, and disable "Keep DMI Data", then do as mentioned above after the flash. This may help, or not, but it is something you should try if you have not already.

Where did you read they are aware of the issue, can you link me to that? And was it your model in particular?

If so, or not, can you please send in a report. Ask them to forward your issue to the BIOS engineers, and link to this thread as well.
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

That way, if they are aware of the issue with your model this will remind them, if they are not then now they will know and start working on a corrected BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Thanks!

When you updated your BIOS you did load optimized defaults right, then save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS before making any changes? If so good, if not please do that now.

If you already did that, would you mind reflashing again, the same BIOS. This time use Qflash, and disable "Keep DMI Data", then do as mentioned above after the flash. This may help, or not, but it is something you should try if you have not already.

Where did you read they are aware of the issue, can you link me to that? And was it your model in particular?

If so, or not, can you please send in a report. Ask them to forward your issue to the BIOS engineers, and link to this thread as well.
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

That way, if they are aware of the issue with your model this will remind them, if they are not then now they will know and start working on a corrected BIOS.
    Thanks for getting back to me. I did use the "Load Optimized Defaults" action after reloading the BIOS (not sure why I still have to do it, but I did it!).

I just tried using QFlash with the "Keep DMI Data" option, and no luck, still the same error.

As far as Gigabyte being aware of the issue, a user reported that they were aware of the issue in one of the posts I linked you to above. I haven't heard an official Gigabyte response yet, but I'm hoping they are aware of the issue.

I will go ahead and put a ticket in for this issue. Should I give you the ticket # so you can help move things along? :D

Thanks for your time,

Chris

Thanks, that's the proper way to flash is why you should do it :)

I meant to use Qflash and Disable the Keep DMI Data, default is enabled and you have to manually change that to disabled with the pgup/pgdn keys (I think)

Ya, go ahead and put in a ticket and see what they say about this. Link to this thread, and yes please let me have the ticket # or login info, then when I speak with my contact again I will see if he knows this board model is also affected and see if he can ask the engineers if they are working on a fix.

It may take a week or more for me to find out anything for you on my end because my contact has been very busy lately with various promotions and contests going on right now. So you may get a quicker response via the support system, but I will still ask directly and see what I can find out for you.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information