Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R Mobo wont POST - is it dead?

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R Mobo wont POST - is it dead?

Yep I understood from what people had said that you have to try a few times with the pin 5-6 thing - so did that quite a bit - sadly to no avail. Anyway good news on the 3 year warranty - I try that route and see how it goes. Thanks a lot for all your help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh ok, just wanted to be sure you didn't give up too quickly.

Hey, you said you tried all methods on that one page.... You didn't try the solder method posted by the OP in that topic did you? Hope not, if you didn't, please DON'T as they will deny your RMA likely if you do.

Let us know how the RMA goes, how long it takes, ect. Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick note to conclude this thread. I eventually got round to contacting Gigabyte and got a very quick and easy issue of an RMA. A new board came back 2 weeks later - no detail about what was dead on old one but I was happy to have a shinny new one! After hooking everything back up and squeezing it back in the case (the Silverstone case is big but with the 5 drives + 2 optical drives plus big passive cooler on vid card - that was no easy feat) and remembering to re-enable RAID on SATA in bios I arced up the machine and it was as good as new. The RAID array showed a failed disk but rebuilt ok (for the nth time...). So everything good now. In general very happy with Gigabyte RMA service

Glad to hear that,
    They replaced it with the same board? It is not being produced since 2008.

I had similar problems the other day, and it became clear that my system only refused to boot from complete turn off from the power outlet, as reboots were no problem at all. It turned out that i had 220v kicking from everywhere including CPU cooler and Vga cooler, all the metal surfaces, the power outlet wasn't grounded properly. But itis rock solid now.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for posting back to let us know what happened with this, that helps unsure others don't think Gigabyte screwed you on the RMA or something.

Ouch yuu, glad to hear nothing fried from that 220V

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information