Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Default Re: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Turned it off, waited 5mins, turned it on and booted normally

Turned it off, waited 2hrs... turned it on, and got warning screen :S

Id heard about using less vcore on odd multis but i really would like 1600mhz on the ram if possible and i dont think id be able to run 21x200 at less vcore (sadly lol)

Ahh you know whats annoying? My flatmate, one room away, since ive built his pc he has done nothing but pure gaming and never had a BSOD once, admitidally he gets the warning screen every day but.....

Me on the other hand sits here all day trying to get the best settings, and go round and round :)

Was trying out some settings for 210x19 first time i had a 124 BSOD, so i upped the VTT, then i passed the 1st linx test, but at the end of linx test 2, it "stopped upon error"

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

So how you doing with it all now? 210x19 will be a bit tougher to get stable due to voltages/heat most likely. If you want to keep at it, 101 PCIE might help things a little bit.

Nah ive tried EUP enabled and disabled with no difference. Somehow im still trying to get the 200x20 config stable as otherwise id be aiming for 200x21 which i cant hack atm....

Why does he mention in his thread about having to REDO all his settings? The overclock failure screen on cool boots followed by hitting "del" to enter the BIOS will still show me the same settings, dont have to redo them.

If Linx Fails after a few runs, but doesnt get to 10, is it VTT voltage? Raising it stopped the BSOD on linx but didnt stop the "stopped upon error"

19x210 or 21x200 would be easier to get stable and use less voltages.

His issue may not have fully been the same, I was just reminded by his post so I thought I would ask you.

Could be Vtt or IOH, possibly Vcore as well. I think you should try an Odd CPU multi instead of even, you will have better luck with things

I had better luck with passing linx tests at 190x21 but 200x21 causes too much heat at the required vcore voltage, unless ive missed something.

Off-Topic, used to get emails to let me know there was a reply to this topic, now theyve just stopped randomly

We are in the process of updating the site and moving to a new server, so email notifications on threads or PM's will be delayed until the move is finished.

Shocker made an announcement about the issue, but did not go into it too much, it's at the very top of the main forum view

Whoops, didnt notice it soz - Emails are back to normal though :)

Just wanted to say now whilst i had the chance im very very grateful for all the help given, even whilst browsing the web looking for a solution id keep coming across you on other forums giving advice and helping people out so top man :)

I have exactly the same issue as the op- red warning screen on some cold boots with otherwise stable settings. Because it's random it's frustrating to test. Have tried gskill and ocz ram 12 gb and 6 gb, under and overvolts. It even happened at stock. I am convinced this is a bios issue

have tested with 2xcorsair hx1000 psu. I7 920 d0 and 960

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information