Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Could be faulty disks? I just saw your post about this somewhere else a minute ago.

What is the event ID so I can check to see if I have any of those?

i cant remember the event id's but they say Disk and the icon is red- these relate to my ssd (ocz vertex) and running crystal mark causes BSOD on this drive with intel drivers bu not with microsoft (but running the benchmark causes disk errors.

also I get the error about the driver controller detected an error

edit: one of them is event id 11
    Last edited by Oblique; 04-12-2010 at 06:32 PM.

4 days now with no probs, still testing.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks, event ID 11 is what I was looking for.

I do not have any of those event ID's in my log, so not sure what is causing that for you?

What is the error event ID for the controller error?

i cant remember the number ima afraid but the entry was labelled "VDS basic provider" in the log and they happen in blocks of 5-10 you would see a battery of them as you scroll through.changing ide/ahci controller drivers seems to trigger it, but i thinkmy ssd is dying :(

EDIT event ID 1

no you havent lol

I just changed my controller to ahci from IDE (sata3_6/7 is on ahci to clear things up) and got exactly the same error (VDS basic provider) in my event viewer.

The event ID is "1"

Also a couple of other things in there but dont think its related to your post and wanted to keep it clear so you knew your SSD was ok :D

Side note: What is "ACEEventLogSource" is it supposed to have tons of entries? Guessing its the log for the event viewer though wasnt expecting the numbers to be high under anything in the event viewer.
    Last edited by SB420; 04-13-2010 at 09:10 AM.

ok can you test one mroe thing?I wanmt you to run crystal mark disk benchmark on your c-drive and see if the even log fills with errors... I have this on my ssd and i think it is faulty!

What version are you using? Are you aware that Version 2.0/2.1 is buggy?

Also i recommend ATTO as its more geared towards SSD drives over conventional drives.

Edit: For the record i dont seem to get errors running the disk benchmarks however i should point out there are tons of things in the event viewer that i just dont understand so if im looking for something in particular you need to tell me what.
    Last edited by SB420; 04-13-2010 at 09:25 AM.

these show up as red in the event log and says things about disk errors. I use latest version (downloaded from site yesterday)

it bluescreens using intel new drivers. and reports errors either way (no bluescreen with microsoft drivers)

Ithink i need to rma ssd :(

Ive never seen anything red in the event viewer though i may not be looking in the right place. Do you see it straight away when going into event viewer?

Im not sure what drivers im using. Controller is set to IDE as when i set it to AHCI it says something about "only disk drives are supported" before loading into windows. Sata3_6/7 is set to AHCI. Is that the same as you?

Can you test using ATTO?

Disk Benchmark | ATTO Technology, Inc.

One last thing, and im not sure how much this effects things but have you checked to see if the alignment is correct on the drive?

Click on Start, Run, then type in msinfo32 and press enter. Go to... Components/Storage/Disks and look for "Partition starting offset" - If you divide that number by 4096 do you end up with a whole number?
    Last edited by SB420; 04-13-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information