Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Then if you are still getting the red warning you are not fully stable or some setting is incorrect.

I meant retweak and test because you need to treat each BIOS like you just got the board, older settings likely will not be stable. You will need to test for stability again and adjust until you are fully stable.

Your assumptions are very incorrect in regards to the Dual BIOS, you would see it recovering to the MAIN BIOS if you was using the second BIOS. And when it is used, you don't just boot from the second BIOS anyway, all it does is recover the backup to the MAIN Chip is all, and you would see a BIOS recovery screen (All black with white text telling you the MAIN CMOS Had a Checksum error)

Settings is the issue here, saying you are stable yet proving you are not is not helping resolve your issues. Please do some full stability testing, if you are failing tests please explain and give settings and we can help.

I can record a video for you of the cold boot normal process, when things are stable if you like, so you can see cold boot is normal and should not be followed by a warning message unless things are incorrect.

But this is exactly my point, i AM stable. Im stable in prime95 so tell me what to change. Im happy to change and adjust things but saying im not stable when i can run prime95 with no errors makes me think otherwise.

I know what a normal boot looks like, i get it half the time, the other half i get the warning screen.

As im NOT failing tests, tell me either new tests to run or what to do next as i dont have a clue.

Can you run HCI Memtest x3 @1024 for 1000+ %?

How about Intel Burn Test or LinX for 10 passes?

I just said all that for you to retest, because I didn't think you had since you updated the BIOS. Have you again ran tests, for how long? Try the tests I mention and see if they fail.

If they do not, give me your new full settings and I will check them out. It should be ok though if you are stable, not sure what would cause that unless something is off.

Ive tested with prime for an hour, havent used the others mentioned above. Which should i use to ensure stability? i.e. is one recommended over the other? Or which is quickest to test even as id prefer to have something that is quicker as it would be nice to get to a point where i can switch my pc on in the morning and have it boot first time with no warnings.

Eliminate warnings, Eliminate power down, power up, boots as they are rather annoying and slow the whole boot process up.

Edit: Ive downloaded memtest and am going to try that first, it says 20mins is recommended, that seem ok? And what do you mean by "x3 @1024 for 1000+ %?"
    mine just has "start testing" "stop testing" "and a bit that says "enter megabytes of RAM to test" which ive left at default which is "All unused RAM"
    Last edited by SB420; 04-02-2010 at 02:39 AM.

An hour is nowhere near enough time, to test with Prime95 or Orthos you should run at least 12 hours, preferably 24 hours to ensure full stability. Hour is just not good enough to know anything at all.

I use them all, LinX 10 passes, Prime95 12-24 hours, and HCI memtest x3 in windows. Linx or Intel Burn test are quick tests, but don't solely rely on them For now though, they would show you fairly quickly if you are more stable then not though, run a test with them for 10 passes at full memory and see if it fails or causes a reboot, if so you are not stable at all.

The power cycle 1-3 on C1 is a normal process and how the board checks hardware, overclock settings, and then boots to windows. This is normal for an overclocked system and it will always be the normal process after a certain Bclk, you wont eliminate this ever, but you can fix the warning for sure.

10 passes? So your saying try linx first 10 times yes?

I think i know what you meant with memtest, 3 instances running at same time set to 1024mb ram, though what 1000 means i dont know

Yes, you can if you want. It is the fastest way to test, you will know VERY quickly if you are unstable. If so then you will need to either tweak and switch to slower tests, or tweak/tweak/tweak until you get LinX passing, then you can do slower tests later as time goes by after you are passing Linx.

You may want to start with 5 passes @ half memory to see if you are even stable enough for that. If that passes then go 5 or 10 full memory. It will let you know fairly quick if things are not stable, and it will be hot so watch you temps.

not sure what to write in the memory box, full memory would be 6gb? So i assume i write in a number close to "physical memory available" and choose that?

Will run and report back

What program are you asking about? Use LinX, that's what I use and it has a full memory button "All"

Mine doesnt, just downloaded Linx 0.6.1 - Has "problem size" "memory to use" which has to be inputted, and "times to run"

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information