Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Well I don't have that version, only .58 and .63 but even in .58 it has the "All" button right next to the memory amount selection box so you must be overlooking it?

Here is the latest/homepage version now is .64
    LinX - A simple Linpack interface - XtremeSystems Forums

Anyhow, try half first anyway cause it will likely fail on you anyway. It will take you some tweaking to get full/max memory stable, I have no doubt on that.

Sorry, couldnt see the "all" button, it doesnt let u maxamise and on widescreen the buttons are squashed!

Ok so clicked all, going for 10. Will report back after

Seems linx gets the cpu hotter quicker than prime so am going to wait until the central heating has turned off as its generally about 5 degrees cooler then on idle.

Whats a safe temp to go up to? On idle i get 35-38 degrees in the evening at 4ghz and mid 70s on prime. Reckon linx is going to go higher, should i be stopping it once it gets to 80 degrees? (i know the chips are rated higher, but havent normally seen above mid 70s with prime so was curious what temps you were getting?)

Am using a MegaShadow with 2 apache 120mm fans in push/pull config so if your on water, then it dont matter what your temps are :)

For now ive ran memtest (x3 instances) at 1024 in each for 20mins, got to 112% coverage on all 3 with 0 errors.

HCI Memtest you should run like you mention, but run it until 1000% on all three at the same time at least.

I would say if temps are past 80-85C with LinX then you wont be able to test that way, and it may get that hot on air depending on your voltages. Yes I use water, and often see my temps still hit 80C sometimes at 4.2Ghz (1.4-1.43V), so your temps may get too high. Run it for a bit and see, it wont hurt anything and you can shut it down quickly if need be. 100C is where the CPU will throttle itself, so you would be fine at 80 or above, it's just not where you want to be for long periods.

Hi

Sorry to be a pain but i need confirmation. Ive been seeing mid 70's with prime, are you saying its ok to go further? I.e. mid 80's?

Whats classed as long periods? Because running linx for 10 goes would surely be classed as long periods?

Wish i had a 2nd pc as this is taking up too much time on the main pc and for a mobo that is supposed to be "really" stable for overclocking its annoying i have more probs on this than my previous setup :(

Well thats one test out of the way....

Attachment 2368

Cool, looks good. Of course you could always run that longer and possibly find errors, but that is how and ho long I run that program for memory tests when I write reviews so I think you are good to go with that.

Yes Mid 80's would be fine, it wont run all that long anyway so you will be ok. Not ideal, but for testing purposes this would be fine. 10 passes will take maybe 20-25 minutes is all.

oh right, thought it was going to take ages... stopped it yesterday once it got to 76 as id never seen it that high

Ok lets move on to linx then (assuming i can withstand temps) if it hits 85% ill stop the tests

Will report back soon

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information