Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58-UD5 Raid5 unreliable

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 Raid5 unreliable

Well the Gigabyte/J.Micron only has 2 ports anyway so RAID 5 would be a no go, and it is slower than the Intel so even if it had more ports it would likely suck as RAID 5 is slow already.

It very well could be a common ICHR issue, not many people I know use this for RAID 5 only RAID 0 or 1. I have used both 0 and 1, but never used 5 so I couldn't say. I can say the only issues I have had with it were due to pushing high clocks I would loose a RAID 1 disk sometimes, not loose it fully, but it would need to repair itself.

Profile 1? So you are using XMP and not your own settings eh? This could be part of the issue, how long are you testing with Memtest86+? Have you ran multiple (3-4 instances) of HCI Memtest within windows using 1024 or above in each yet? If not, try that then you will see if your memory settings are failing or not. You can get that here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/

Start it up a few times and enter 1024 in each window then press start and let it run to 1000% or above.

Here is an example from my Mushkin Review, the program is in the top right x3

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-30-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricibob View Post
    Yep would have been a good option (anything would better than ICH10R) - except it looks like it doesn't do RAID5 - Gigabyte page home page says "GIGABYTE SATA2 chip: 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1 and JBOD". Because each drop your going to be looking down the barrel of 3-4 days solid rebuilt - I think a RocketRAID controller card is going to be your only solution - but maybe Im just pesimistic. When I get my dead board backup up thats the route Im going - Ive had enough ICH10R for one lifetime.
    What do you think of the RocketRAID 3510?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well the Gigabyte/J.Micron only has 2 ports anyway so RAID 5 would be a no go, and it is slower than the Intel so even if it had more ports it would likely suck as RAID 5 is slow already.

It very well could be a common ICHR issue, not many people I know use this for RAID 5 only RAID 0 or 1. I have used both 0 and 1, but never used 5 so I couldn't say. I can say the only issues I have had with it were due to pushing high clocks I would loose a RAID 1 disk sometimes, not loose it fully, but it would need to repair itself.

Profile 1? So you are using XMP and not your own settings eh? This could be part of the issue, how long are you testing with Memtest86+? Have you ran multiple (3-4 instances) of HCI Memtest within windows using 1024 or above in each yet? If not, try that then you will see if your memory settings are failing or not. You can get that here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/

Start it up a few times and enter 1024 in each window then press start and let it run to 1000% or above.

Here is an example from my Mushkin Review, the program is in the top right x3

Memtest86+ ran successfully overnight when I first built the system. I'll give HCI Memtest a try.

Yes, please do. I just wanted to try and see if maybe your memory is failing while under additional CPU Strain which that program does very well.

There is a know problem with Intel Matrix Storage Manager 8.9.1023 and RAID 5. It is documented on the intel forums. Roll back to the next oldest manager which is 8.8.... something....Can't remember the rest right now. Problem has not come back to me since I rolled back about a month ago.

Doug

DUH! Guess I just should have opened the manager to look at the version. I am running 8.8.0.1009 with no issues.

Doug

Thanks Doug!

Hopefully he can try this out and it will help him get this squared away!

Red face Re: GA-EX58-UD5 Raid5 unreliable

This is a good solution for these random lost on port 0,1,2,or 3 in Raid5,
    Go on Intel support download site and, replace your Matrix Storage by the new Rapid Storage Drivers, this had fix my issues with Raid5 degraded but with no corrupted HDD...

Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions. I bought a RocketRAID 3510 so I cannot verify some of the suggested resolutions. So far the RocketRAID 3510 is awesome; seems faster than the on-board ICHR10. Only time will tell if this is a better solution for me. Thank again everyone!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information