Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The saga repeats itself - Accessing my BIOS? : gigabyte, ga-p43-as3g

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: The saga repeats itself - Accessing my BIOS? : gigabyte, ga-p43-as3g

Before you turn the computer on, or after you try to enter BIOS and the screen is blank.
    Do you usually turn it off or leave it in standby?

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: The saga repeats itself - Accessing my BIOS? : gigabyte, ga-p43-as3g

How is your monitor connected to your video card? DVI? VGA?
    What brand/model/type of monitor are your using?
    Do you have an older VGA monitor you can test with?
    Have you re-seated your video card?
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Before you turn the computer on, or after you try to enter BIOS and the screen is blank.
    Do you usually turn it off or leave it in standby?
    My pc is up all the time. I usually switch the monitor off during night time.
    Most of the time, when I start the pc, it's a reboot and therefore, the montor is on.
    I never leave it on standby.
    Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G intel P43
    Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz
    Samsung 1TB 32 MB 7200RPM
    Seasonic SS-500ET Active PFC
    Transcend 2GB DDR2 800
    Samsung DVD-RW SH-S223F x22
    Gainward 9500GT 512MB GDDR2

Chike is offline Senior Member

I just asked because for example my monitor sometimes has problem synchronizing when I wake the computer from hibernation. At first I thought it's a problem with the settings but if I turn it off for a few seconds it turns up OK.

Just trtying to understand if it's a problem with the monitor or the VGA card and VGA mode since you say it turns on when windows start.

I don't think the problem has something to do with the monitor, since it works as expected under the more advanced condition of win7 and fail on the least challenging task - post prior to win7.
    For this reason, I don't believe it's a graphic card problem.
    Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you update to the lastest BIOS?

If not please try that now, and be sure in Qflash you Disable Keep DMI Data (Need to use pgup/pgdn keys to change, default is enabled)

Then once flash is done reboot to BIOS and load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot F10. Then come back to the BIOS if you can, which you should be able to.

Let us know how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did you update to the lastest BIOS?

If not please try that now, and be sure in Qflash you Disable Keep DMI Data (Need to use pgup/pgdn keys to change, default is enabled).
    How can I update my BIOS if I can't access Qflash?! I tried twice to clear my bios, but nothing happened. The screen is still black and no BIOS related keys can be implemented.

Then once flash is done reboot to BIOS and load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot F10. Then come back to the BIOS if you can, which you should be able to.
    Is there any way updating my BIOS from within Win7? Command prompt through Win7? That's currently my only operating segment.
    Let us know how that goes.
    My present response is the current report.
    Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

You can flash From DOS I would assume. Boot to DOS from Floppy, CD, or USB then flash with FlashSPI.

If you cannot boot to DOS, you can flash with @BIOS, but I do not recommend doing that. I recommend flashing from DOS for this instance, if you need help getting DOS to load let me know.

In the meantime you can create a FAT32 USB stick that is bootable from this guide, then use F12 Boot menu and choose HDD+ then pick your USB on the next screen, boot to it and flash.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You can flash From DOS I would assume. Boot to DOS from Floppy, CD, or USB then flash with FlashSPI.
    Well, as I said, I can't boot from any media other that my HD. All other option require steps to be acted when the screen is inactive (black).

If you cannot boot to DOS, you can flash with @BIOS, but I do not recommend doing that. I recommend flashing from DOS for this instance, if you need help getting DOS to load let me know.
    1. What's wrong with the @BIOS option? I keep seeing warnings, but I don't know why?
    2. If you can instruct me how to boot from DOS without making the needed changes either inside my BIOS or during POST phase, please do it.

In the meantime you can create a FAT32 USB stick that is bootable from this guide, then use F12 Boot menu and choose HDD+ then pick your USB on the next screen, boot to it and flash.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
    My USB stick is ready, but waiting for a feasible situation.
    Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Well since you have a bootable USB you can try to blindly guess where the HDD+ is to boot to it. That would require you trying a few times, once you are sure hitting F12 at bootup is working and taking you to the Boot menu screen. Try it out, and if it sits at a black screen longer than normal, and you would expect windows to load normally but it has not already, you will know you are at the boot order screen. Next steps there would be trying the down arrows until you find the HDD+ screen, and then the down arrow once on it and once just use enter.

If that does not work or sounds like way to much of a hassle you could try removing your hard drives and CD/DVD drives, leaving only the USB Connected and see if it then will boot to DOS from it.

Otherwise your only option without a floppy is @BIOS, unless you know how to boot from CD/DVD with your system acting the way it is now.

@BIOS just has a really high risk of bricking your board is all. If you do decide to use it be sure you download the latest version, be absolutely sure you are stable, and close all other running programs and taskbar items/processes you can and then flash using a file you download manually. I mean don't tell it to update from the web, use the manual file flash by browsing to the file you have downloaded already.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information