Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me improve/optimize my EP45-UD3P and Q9550

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Help me improve/optimize my EP45-UD3P and Q9550

Is "system" temp what you call NB? Mine is at 35c with 23c ambiant temp, at summer it may go up ~43c with 32c ambiant, maybe 1-2 temps higher under load, so 70+ is definatly too high..

Um... I call "Temp2" the NB. It seems to rise and fall with the CPU temps. After 5 seconds or so of stoppling Linpack it falls to 35C and falls to below 30 just a bit after that.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/464376/Capture.PNG
    Don't mind the stuck CPU censors :D

It's at 24C now with ~18C ambient.
    Last edited by -Spanky-; 04-10-2010 at 06:18 AM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

hmmm.... mine is set to temp1. Easy way to confirm which is which is compare them to EasyTune HWMonitor, though for some reason there is a 2c difference between SpeedFan and EasyTune CPU temperatures on my system.

Weird. I'm hoping I'm wrong about this but I've been thinking about it and someone else brought it up to me but maybe my power supply has something to do with me not being able to reach the clocks I want?

Oh crap. I just ran my setup through this site:
    eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts
    Using 100% TDP and usage with my current setup and 20% capacitor aging (I've had my PSU since 1/14/2008) and it gives me Recommended Minimum PSU Wattage: 562 Watts. Considering I have a 550-Watt PSU, this might be the issue. I did find it odd that tests would freeze rather than error out or is that common?
    The reason why this really occured to me is since I figured I had a stable system, I would try something fun, running GTA4 and Prime95 at the same time. It ran great for 12 minutes or so then I didn't really want to play anymore with the crap FPS so I closed it. As soon as it closed, it froze up.
    I hate to ask but does this sound like my problem? Again, full specs on my computer are here:
    My Stuff (the clocks are off but you get the idea)

Give me good news

*EDIT*
    Also, I know this isn't the right place but since it might be related... If the concensus is that a new PSU would be beneficial, any comments about the Corsair 850HX? I would want it to last 4-5 years and have the ability to upgrade into a high-end quad (i7 or whatever new chip) and possibly SLI.
    Last edited by -Spanky-; 04-10-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: new psu?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

System/Motherboard temp on P45 is not the actual NB temp, there is no sensor for that. This sensor is located right next to the NB though, in the PCB, so it's best thing you could use to gauge the NB temp anyway.

Kick tested this here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...rmation-31370/

I think a 750-850W PSU would be a great choice and leave you with several years before needing anything new. 850W sounds great, I can't comment on your model choice though as I am not sure, I'm sure others will chime in on that for you though.

Ok, but do you think that my 2 year old 550 is causing me frustration?

Watt :)

Ahh, sorry!

Yes, it very well could be the issue or part of it anyway. Get a 750 or 850 like you mentioned above, then you will know for sure. If it does not help, then at least you will still have a new large PSU for future use

Well, I don't have the money to put into that right now =\ I'm trying to figure it out. Anyway, things are getting busy so time to be messing around with overclocking is going to become less. I thank both Chike and lsdmeasap for the invaluable help and tolerance with my anxiousness :) I'll definitely come back and recommend people to this forum.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information