Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: --Help with Overclocking my EX58-UD3R -- i7 920 @ 2.67GHz???--

Default Re: --Help with Overclocking my EX58-UD3R -- i7 920 @ 2.67GHz???--

Hi Zuran,

Look i'm sorry about speaking the way i did i just got mad i wont disrespect him.

sorry again :(

heres some info of default:
    Last edited by Flamez; 04-07-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Default Re: --Overclocking EX58-UD3R --

I built my GA-EX58-UD3R 1.0 last July and gradually stretched the limits of RAM (upgraded to Ballistix 1600), PSU (750W HX) and finding just how good my cooling and D0 hold up (and during the summer didn't even try to OC much at all).

I'd look closely at your PSU and whether you will need different memory ultimately (all RAM varies greatly, even same series).

reading. Lots of reading. here are some articles I bookmarked that were helpful.
    I still feel really knew to understanding just how everything fits together.

Intel Core i7-920 Overclocking Guide (page 11) - X-bit labs
    Frequencies and Multipliers

EVGA X58 Classified - First Look - AnandTech

Base Frequency BCLK, which has no application whatsoever in its initial form. However, BCLK frequency is used to set the frequencies of all major functional parts of an LGA1366 system. Among them are:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    • Processor frequency, which is the actual frequency of the processor cores.<o:p></o:p>
    • Frequency of the North Bridge built into the CPU also called Uncore Clock or UCLK. The 8MB processor L3 cache and triple-channel memory controller integrated into the CPU are clocked at this frequency.<o:p></o:p>
    • DDR3 memory frequency.<o:p></o:p>
    • Frequency of the QPI interface connecting the processor with the chipset.<o:p></o:p>
    Core i7 processors have four different multipliers used to obtain these four frequency values. In other words:<o:p></o:p>
    • [CPU frequency] = BCLK x [CPU multiplier].<o:p></o:p>
    • [Uncore frequency] = BCLK x [Uncore multiplier].<o:p></o:p>
    • [Memory frequency] = BCLK x [Memory multiplier].<o:p></o:p>
    • [QPI frequency] = BCLK x [QPI multiplier].<o:p></o:p>
    EVGA Guide Over-Clocking
    How to Overclock the I7 (Ported)
    EVGA X58 Overclocking Guide

a thread with links to dozens of articles on X58s and over-clocking
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/tota...80/index2.html

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If you still need help, please give me your full BIOS settings in a template from my signature. Then tell me your current issues and what you are wanting to do and I will advise back

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    Hi Zuran,

Look i'm sorry about speaking the way i did i just got mad i wont disrespect him.

sorry again :(

heres some info of default:
    Ok Jack, no problem.

Everybody is glad to help here, and this is the way we see each other.

We are just trying to help and enjoy the journey.

As also said by others, please fill one of the BIOS configuration lists, as provided by lsdmeasap, and it will be much easier for anyone to assist you.

At first glance, maybe two video cards may be too much for your PS. Did you try removing one first?

good luck, Jure Z.
    i7 920 (D0) @ 4.05 GHz (193*21) | GA-EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6 | BIOS Rev FI
    6 GB Patriot Viper ELK DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 T2 (V ram = 1.66V) | ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB
    Antec EarthWatts 750 W PS | Corsair H50-1 water cooler (push pull fans -> case exhaust mode) | Cooler Master HAF922 case
    Win XP Home 32 SP3

Just checking in, if you still need help please do let us know and get your current settings into a template for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Just checking in, if you still need help please do let us know and get your current settings into a template for us.
    Hi everybody :)

I just got back home from a busy day i will fill in Lsdmeasap's Bios templete now and post it back asap...

Maby you guys will know how far of an overclock my system will handle from your experience here.

brb

Okay i have filled in the Bios Templete as follows :)
    And just some info my Zalman cooler is less than 1 week old, but my psu is about 6 months old

Goal: To reach 4GHz Maby 4.2GHz is possible.
    Last edited by Flamez; 04-07-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    Hi everybody :)

I just got back home from a busy day i will fill in Lsdmeasap's Bios templete now and post it back asap...

Maby you guys will know how far of an overclock my system will handle from your experience here.

brb

Okay i have filled in the Bios Templete as follows :)
    And just some info my Zalman cooler is less than 1 week old, but my psu is about 6 months old

Goal: To reach 4GHz Maby 4.2GHz is possible.
    Jack,

try to change your settings as per attached list, put as many settings as possible in manual.
    Try to lower the voltages after you find them to work, so that you may keep a configuration which will run as cool as possible.

The question about your PS and HS is about how good/effective/adequate they are, not how old they may be...

Start running the memory at slower speeds, increase speed after you know the processor is fine.

Attachment 2382

good luck, Jure Z.
    Last edited by JureZ; 04-07-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    6 GB Patriot Viper ELK DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 T2 (V ram = 1.66V) | ATI Radeon HD 4890 1 GB
    Antec EarthWatts 750 W PS | Corsair H50-1 water cooler (push pull fans -> case exhaust mode) | Cooler Master HAF922 case
    Win XP Home 32 SP3

Quote Originally Posted by JureZ View Post
    Jack,

try to change your settings as per attached list, put as many settings as possible in manual.
    Try to lower the voltages after you find them to work, so that you may keep a configuration which will run as cool as possible.

The question about your PS and HS is about how good/effective/adequate they are, not how old they may be...

Start running the memory at slower speeds, increase speed after you know the processor is fine.

Attachment 2382

good luck, Jure Z.
    Thank's buddy

Jure Z.Ledgend :)

News important please read guys: Okay going by Jure Z,s templete he made for me i have nuckled down that my pc doesnt like the PCI frequency TOUCHED at all not one bit... Also the DRAM VOlt my system does not like that one either so ive left them alone.Also my memory doesnt like the 6x multi

Okay guys ready for the news... i manganed to hit 4GHz stable for a few hours so far on prime95 with my own setting all i did was tuned up my bclck 10MHz at a time, set my Cpu Vcore to 1.2000 QPI/Vtt 1.200
    Disabled Eist all that stuff....

Managed to bump my ratio to x21 @ 191 bclck..
    So once i got to the 3.6-3.8GHz mark i decided to bump my Vcore only up a little bit along with QPI/VTT

CPU Vcore: 1.21235
    QPI/Vtt: 1.2200
    Temps are great well below 60 full load....

I am now @ 4GHz stable so far lets see how an overnighter goes running prime95.
    A good lesson i have learnt is that these voltages are very fragile & only need a little juice at a time ;)

Thank's everyone for guiding me.

Warren your a champ
    Jure Z. what can i say true genius
    Lsdmeasap GIGABYTE Forum Mod Great start off point with the BIOS templete
    Last edited by Flamez; 04-07-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Jack,

I noticed I made a mistake in the template I sent you,
    and this may be the cause of the ram failing at the 6x multiplier:

I wrote:
    Uncore Frequency .......................... [x16]

I should have written instead:
    Uncore Frequency .......................... [x12] (Always 2x memory Multiplier or otherwise 2x +1)

Glad to see that you made great progress. Congrats!

Thanks, Jure Z.
    Win XP Home 32 SP3

Let us know if you need more help!

I can help you with your memory issue if the above does not help, and the voltage for your memory too. Let us know how you get along

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information