Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz

Any luck yet? If not give me your current settings and I can advise back n see if it gets you going

So I was using my computer perfectly fine this morning, reset it to prep it to take it in and then Windows wouldn't boot - it just gets stuck on the glowing logo while I hear some weird sounds from the case then no activity what-so-ever. I tried safe mode but it hangs on ClassPNP.sys - Googling that came up with no real useful solutions. I tried reseting to fail safe defaults and then optimised defaults but that didn't work.

I unplugged everything except my KB/Mouse/Monitor, restarted and got freaked out by a warning that the BIOS checksum failed and it began to restore - WTF!? Comp rebooted after doing that but it's still hanging during Windows startup. Ugh...

Alright, I've taken it in. With some luck it'll just be a faulty part and the fix should be quite obvious. I'll post an update soon. :)

yeah seems that there are some issues with your board
    keep us updated

I just sent you a PM in regards to this. Since you already have taken it somewhere please make sure they test with alternate memory so you can rule that out as a possible cause.

Then when you get the board back PLEASE let me try to help you with settings, I do that all day for users and I just feel really bad that this has gone on so long and we really haven't tried to use any settings I might suggest.

Well I hope they can narrow it down, please do get a hold of them and specifically ask them to test with different memory in case that is the problem.

Let us know what they find out

I definitely will Lsd. I think I did try your settings half a dozen pages back or so but at the time but it didn't resolve the problem; and then again before the Windows boot problem I did try various voltages for QPI/Vtt and so forth (within the ranges in the aforementioned post). I really think that it's a hardware problem and so yeah, with luck it'll just be something that can be easily fixed/replaced and once we know for sure it's working I'll be back so we can tweak this beast into running sweet. :)

It should be a few days and I gave them a few pages of notes (and a link to this thread - if they take a look) and I did mention explicitly to try replace CPU, memory and motherboard.

Big thanks again to you two. I do read everything even if I haven't had time to reply to it all lately. ;)

Ahh well I meant me suggest you new or similar ones, you post back exact ones you tried and explain issues/errors, then I advise back. Ya know, that drill for a time or three is all I wanted to try. I guess you did try a few more settings I suggested then I was thinking, just seems odd to go on this long without getting anywhere is all I suppose.

Hopefully you can figure it out, I am thinking possibly memory more than anything else. I know they should be compatible since they were on previous X58 models, but maybe I over-assumed this? That or maybe something is wrong with the set itself, even if it is not showing errors in single tests?

Did Will or anyone there tell you what specific memory they tested your board with? Maybe you could email him and ask him to find out for you?

Well I hope they read your notes and test as you suggested, I know I would if you were leaving the PC with me :) Let us know what they find out, hopefully they can diagnose it for you and not charge you an arm and a leg.

No worries about late replies, we all know everyone has real lives we often need to deal with. Post back anytime you can
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-04-2010 at 04:56 PM.

I'm perplexed. They just called and old me they changed the timings (which I did too) and it's apparently registering 6gb every time. I tried explaining that that's what I'd done too but they were adament that it was fixed now. Hmph. I think he said that they used 9-9-9-24, CR at Auto.

Oh, and they said the HDD has bad sectors and is 'dead'. I'm at a loss for words. -_-
    Last edited by kalidav; 05-05-2010 at 10:24 AM.

who is they? the retailer? or GBT office?

The local computer place I brought it too. They said they've done numerous cold boots and all the ram is recognised each time (though I'll have to see it for myself...)

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information