Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz

Default Re: X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz

Okay, I made those changes and did a warm reboot - memory was still missing. Did a cold boot and it's all visible this time, and a warm reboot later too. Going to cycle it a few times more.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well I mentioned plenty of changes and comments, so don't settle in for the higher or lower end, you may need to tinker around a bit.

Can you easily afford different memory, or is that just not an option you want to look into just yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well I mentioned plenty of changes and comments, so don't settle in for the higher or lower end, you may need to tinker around a bit.

Can you easily afford different memory, or is that just not an option you want to look into just yet?
    I can afford a new kit if need be but the question them becomes what do I do with the other one.

Also, 4th boot and still good. I'll leave it alone for longer, and unplugged.

If you get a new kit and it works, you could sell the old one or RMA then sell it.

Nice to hear it is working ok for now, just keep in mind you may still need to tinker around a bit. I wouldn't unplug it, might clear your CMOS and make you start over.

Too bad they did not test with alternate memory, so you could be sure if this kit is part of the problem or not :(

Actually, so far so good (surprisingly). Every boot so far has had all the RAM recognised. It'll be interesting to see what happens on the first boot overnight since that one always breaks.

Nice!

I think a good 5 minutes shout down is the same as overnight, but I could be wrong? I never can reproduce anyone's cold boot issues so I can never test to see how long things like that take to manifest.

Okay, left it for about 20 minutes (off but still plugged in) and it recognised everything on the next boot. Interesting... I'm using the settings (where you put a range):

QPI/Vtt = 1.26V
    QPI PLL = 1.18V
    IOH Core 1.14V
    VDimm = 1.66V

Uncore = x25 (3333MHz)

Windows still refuses to start at all but luckily HDDs are one part that I should have lying around spare somewhere for tomorrow.
    Last edited by kalidav; 05-05-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Hmm, sounds like you might have it then? What did you think about my cold boot thoughts, does it really take a longer time than what I am thinking to reproduce an actual cold boot?

Well I wish you luck with this staying going in the morning! I may be leaving here shortly, but I will catch up with your tonight/tomorrow for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm, sounds like you might have it then? What did you think about my cold boot thoughts, does it really take a longer time than what I am thinking to reproduce an actual cold boot?

Well I wish you luck with this staying going in the morning! I may be leaving here shortly, but I will catch up with your tonight/tomorrow for sure
    Well that's the strange thing. When I was testing the DIMMs individually, the first time I put them in (after they were cold overnight) they wouldn't boot successfully despite subsequent cold boots working fine. On the other hand it might just be at the stage where it's hard to convince myself that it's fixed now, lol. We'll see for sure tomorrow.

I'll check if it's recognising all the ram tomorrow and if so I'll whip in an old HDD and get Windows running and run some more diagnostics.

HAHA, I know how you must feel! Hopefully it is fixed or at least very close now!

Good luck, hope all is well when you wake up and you get to whip out an old drive and install windows for testing

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information