Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz

How bout 9.12 and 10.2? Just ask because those are the last two I have used with 4890 & 5870

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    How bout 9.12 and 10.2? Just ask because those are the last two I have used with 4890 & 5870
    I tried 10.2 previously but I haven't tested with 9.12. I can test it later this morning (it's 2:30am atm) but I'd put my odds on the same result.

Well all these errors graphics wise could just be due to the faulty drive or memory issues, I wouldn't worry about it to much until you get those sorted out.

Any news on different DDR3?

Added one more user to the list of this issue caused by memory itself, while this is not as prevalent as other issues that might cause this issue, it is the cause from time to time. http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/miss...14/#post355313

Backed up stuff off the HDD this morning, wiped my personal stuff off it and will send it for warranty tomorrow.

I took the comp back to the place explaining that the problem only happens when the comp is physically cold (and I didn't reset all my custom timings and voltages this time around) so hopefully they'll get straight to the part swapping fun. (my friend underestimated how much 12gb kits cost - doh)

Well I hope they do some actual testing/troubleshooting for you this time, and not see your BIOS settings and run to the load optimized buttons before testing again.

So will they test with different memory as well? I am thinking this may be the key issues, that memory model or your particular sticks

Quick update: I got a call letting me know that they've played around with a different memory kit in the comp (Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G) using the settings 9-9-9-24-Auto (I think it was - they'll write up a proper report). They left it unplugged all day and then again overnight but plugged in and found that all 6gb of the memory was seen both times. As a result, they've concluded that the memory is faulty/damaged and should be replaced.

Ahh sounds a little bit promising, maybe... Did they also test and were able to reproduce the issue with your memory, so they know what they are expecting to see?

Anyway, this sounds good as I thought this might be part of the issue, if not the main problem. I suggest you RMA that set and sell the replacement, and in the meantime buy a set you know is fully compatible with the X58A lineup so you are sure you wont have problems once you get the right settings dialed in.

Something off the QVL list or what should I go off when buying a kit?

Well either that or google around and see what others are using without issue on these boards.

I can tell you for sure the sets linked in my signature will work for you, but you may not want or be able to get those there. So best to look around at what others are using and not having problems with, or go the QVL route

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information