Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Replace SSD because of CPU issues, what line of reasoning is that?

So if compatibility issue, what with, did you ever find out? It would be nice to know for future reference, and it sounds odd since they did not tell you what was incompatible.

Nice to hear you have a working system now though!

Smile Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Had an issue like this after flash the bios, it would just reboot, cpu fan turns on, cpu fan turns off, in desperate times I held down the Ctrl key and the Home key and to my amazement it rebooted with crash bios recovery and automatic copied a good bios into the bad one, reset then booted fine, try this as a last resort before you return your motherboard like I was going to do.

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Reboot loop issue

Quote Originally Posted by wallz View Post
    Upon pressing the power button, computer starts up for appx. 4seconds, then immediately shuts down again. It sits for another 3 or 4 seconds, then starts back up, then shuts down, etc etc. This will continue for seemingly forever. To get it to stop I've got to flip the switch on the PSU.

I've tried removing various components, unplugging and replugging in cables, different # of RAM sticks, clearing CMOS, etc. Nothing seems to get the computer to stay on for more than 5 seconds.

I've read some reviews on newegg and plenty of other sites saying that this is a somewhat common issue, and to RMA the board IMMEDIATELY, as there seems to be no solution to the problem. If this is the case, please tell me right away that more than likely this issue isn't going to go away, so I can begin the RMA process right away, and get another GIGABYTE board.

My system:

GA-X58A-UD3R
    i7 920
    6gb corsair DDR
    600w OCZ PSU
    XFX GTS250 1gb
    1 sata HD. 1 IDE DVD drive and 1 IDE HD.

Thanks to anyone with any thoughts!

Dude this happened to me just yesterday, same as, thought the whole things was screwed, I then read that you can get the backup bios to boot in if you hold both the ctrl + home keys when you start up the system, just hold them both for about 10 seconds or until a screen shows telling you recovery of bios ..blah blah blah it flashes it'self from the backup bios then reboots and it's once more fine again, give it a try you got nothing to lose, this happend to me after flashing the bios to the latest version FB.
    Last edited by bossgp; 09-24-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: SPELLING MISTAKE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information