Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Newbee Question on a GA-X58A-UD7 that won't boot! Help!?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Real Newbee Question on a GA-X58A-UD7 that won't boot! Help!?

RAID 0 is the fastest, and you can mirror it with any mirroring/backup program you like just not with the Intel RAID Program

Yes, you probably have different settings for your SATAIII ports now then you did before, go check it out. You may also need to update the firmware via BIOS for the SATAIII Controller or update the driver again.

I tried several settings in BIOS - with NO success. The SATA III ports do not recognize the disks there [in a hot-swap bay]. I have the GSATA 6/7 controller enabled and set at AHCI. I'll try installing new drivers. I see 4 that seem to apply. What is the preintall SATA3 ahci bootisk driver about?!

Ahh wel if they are in a bay with a PCB of it's own it could be some incompatibility with the board or BIOS.

Pre-Install are for installing with windows.

In the BIOS with this last update you did, have you set firmware to Auto/update (Sorry, can't remember the exact name) and save/apply? This will flash the chip with the latest firmware, Onchip is default setting of this setting, and that leaves things as is without updating anything.

Once you do this it will update on the IRQ screen, then the setting will go back to default in the BIOS.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-03-2010 at 02:36 PM.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh wel if they are in a bay with a PCB of it's own it could be some incompatibility with the board or BIOS.

But, before, with this bay and these drives and the OLD BIOS and fairly default setting, everything worked fine - now, nothing is working!
    Pre-Install are for installing with windows.

Meaning?
    In the BIOS with this last update you did, have you set firmware to Auto/update (Sorry, can't remember the exact name) and save/apply? This will flash the chip with the latest firmware, Onchip is default setting of this setting, and that leaves things as is without updating anything.

Aha, maybe the problem - I left it onchip - as I couldn't figure out what that meant or the alternatives.
    Once you do this it will update on the IRQ screen, then the setting will go back to default in the BIOS.

Could be they messed something up in the BIOS, or removed something. Send in a report, otherwise they might not find out for a long time.

Pre-install drivers are what you load when you install your OS via F6 in XP or in windows 7/vista when you choose your disk you can choose also drivers to be installed if you want.

Yes, see if updating that firmware helps or not

-
    Could be they messed something up in the BIOS, or removed something. Send in a report, otherwise they might not find out for a long time.

Reverting to the last BIOS is the last thing I'll try...after the others. But if I did, who do I email?
    Pre-install drivers are what you load when you install your OS via F6 in XP or in windows 7/vista when you choose your disk you can choose also drivers to be installed if you want.

But, I'm wondering if there are no SATA III drivers [of which there are 3 + the pre-install one. I used the original disk t hat came with the board and have only updated the BIOS and my ATI drivers. The other question is whether the GSATA Ctrl Mode should be on AHCI [I'd think so for hot swap] or not [alt. is IDE]. I don't think the hot swap bay itself has a controller...but hard to find out. Whatever, it worked before...at least 'saw them' and could use them - I was about to set them up in a RAID...but that is on hold...
    Yes, see if updating that firmware helps or not
    You mean all the other 3 SATA 3 drivers?

Is there somewhere or some program in which I can see what version of all my drivers are? Also, not the most important, but when I try to install autogreen and one other driver I get a message something like 'forbidden by computer policy' and have NO idea what that means - what settings, software, anti-virus or what. I'm making NO progress on the SATA III. The drives are not recognized now with the new BIOS. I'd have no idea how to contact whoever does the BIOS to ask or tell. Perhaps it is a setting problem - but it IS a problem - they were important drives and now don't exist for the moment. It happened when I put in the new BIOS and reset to optimized settings then tried different combinations.....of which there are many. I've put in new drivers....still no change. One time after booting the computer recognized ONE of the TWO and then froze up.......worrying.

the intel rapid storage manager program will tell you what hard drive firmware versions you have for each disk
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
    -

You mean all the other 3 SATA 3 drivers?
    Sorry, I assumed you knew what I meant since we discussed the BIOS setting that does this.

No, not drivers but yes update those too, what I meant was Firmware with the BIOS settings we discussed (Enabled/Auto or Onchip)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
    Is there somewhere or some program in which I can see what version of all my drivers are? Also, not the most important, but when I try to install autogreen and one other driver I get a message something like 'forbidden by computer policy' and have NO idea what that means - what settings, software, anti-virus or what. I'm making NO progress on the SATA III. The drives are not recognized now with the new BIOS. I'd have no idea how to contact whoever does the BIOS to ask or tell. Perhaps it is a setting problem - but it IS a problem - they were important drives and now don't exist for the moment. It happened when I put in the new BIOS and reset to optimized settings then tried different combinations.....of which there are many. I've put in new drivers....still no change. One time after booting the computer recognized ONE of the TWO and then froze up.......worrying.
    Are you the Administrator of your computer? That message you mention sounds like you do not have proper permissions is why I asked.

Do these drives work and test fine in SATAII ports? Best to check now before going further with this, in case one of them is faulty. Faulty disks, CD/DVD's, and other devices can freeze the system anytime, so this makes me think you need to verify they are not faulty before doing anything else
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-04-2010 at 01:16 PM.

-
    Now I realize why there was no response...my response never posted here! So, I'll answer again.
    Sorry, I assumed you knew what I meant since we discussed the BIOS setting that does this.

No, not drivers but yes update those too, what I meant was Firmware with the BIOS settings we discussed (Enabled/Auto or Onchip)

I have reinstalled all the drivers [latest] I think are relevant, but not sure which might be both RAID and AHCI.
    Are you the Administrator of your computer? That message you mention sounds like you do not have proper permissions is why I asked.

I'm the only person who uses the computer and am the administrator and have the one 'account' - but it doesn't prompt me for the password...just says [I forget the exact wording] forbidden due to computer policy....or something like that.
    Do these drives work and test fine in SATAII ports? Best to check now before going further with this, in case one of them is faulty. Faulty disks, CD/DVD's, and other devices can freeze the system anytime, so this makes me think you need to verify they are not faulty before doing anything else
    The drives in question work fine. They now are recognized ONLY if they are in the hot swap bay when I boot. If I remove them or insert them after, the computer doesn't see the change...so, obviously, there is NO hot-swap. What is strange is there was before I changed to this latest BIOS. I have tried many different configurations of settings...but no change...I can only change to where they aren't even recognized at boot. If there is a problem with the latest BIOS, though I think that is unlikely, who/how do I notify whomever. I didn't see a place to 'contact us' on the Gigabyte site. I'm totally confused and frustrated. I've tried everything I can think of except going to an earlier BIOS. Any ideas?!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information