Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Newbee Question on a GA-X58A-UD7 that won't boot! Help!?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Real Newbee Question on a GA-X58A-UD7 that won't boot! Help!?

Yes, you would need to load 3 AHCI Drivers then if that is what you wanted to do. And yes a repair install would allow you to install all of the drivers, J.Micron chip controls the eSATA and the GSATA ports

Do you really need all those ports, and all to be AHCI?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, you would need to load 3 AHCI Drivers then if that is what you wanted to do. And yes a repair install would allow you to install all of the drivers, J.Micron chip controls the eSATA and the GSATA ports

Do you really need all those ports, and all to be AHCI?
    No, at this time, I only need two to be AHCI for hot-swap. Is there a problem with the other disks being recognized under AHCI? I just noticed that the SATA DVD is not recognized...I believe ONLY since I put in the new drivers. That I hope I can sort-out myself...and where do I get power for t he floppy on this board. I don't see a connector for that....only the data-cable connection for it. Thanks. Time to abandon XP soon!
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 v.1 [F9d Bios] with i7-990X
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
    Corsair XMS-3 24GB 2000 CL 9-9-9-24
    Noctua NH D-14
    6 TB SATA II storage; 12 TB SATA III AF
    3 24" LCD screens w/Eyefinity, 9 Multi-Desktops

Well in that case, you need the Intel AHCI drivers installed, and the Hot swap J.Micron AHC Drivers installed, that is all.

Put the CD/DVD drive on the last Intel port and it should be fine.

Floppy power cables come from your PSU, not the board

Quote Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
    No, at this time, I only need two to be AHCI for hot-swap. Is there a problem with the other disks being recognized under AHCI? I just noticed that the SATA DVD is not recognized...I believe ONLY since I put in the new drivers. That I hope I can sort-out myself...and where do I get power for t he floppy on this board. I don't see a connector for that....only the data-cable connection for it. Thanks. Time to abandon XP soon!
    Aha, I realize you I misunderstood your question and you misunderstood my answer. I have all 10 ports with drives. Only two, for now, hot-swap; so why not all with the AHCI driver. However other than the one for the Marvell, I can't figure out which of all the drivers I have the other two would be. I thought there were other advanced features on SATA drives under AHCI, even when not hot-swap or in RAID. At some point I will create a RAID. How do I determine what the other two drivers are/where they are. They are likely named as a RAID driver or...confusing to me and I know it all seems obvious to you...so much so it is hard to relate to a clunk like me...;-) One other problem. I was putting what I thought was the second driver on the floppy [but not sure beyond the Marvell one, really] and the floppy was full. Can one change floppies in the middle of an F6 install?
    Last edited by crazybear; 05-22-2010 at 03:16 AM.
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Noctua NH D-14

HELP! Total Disaster! I have lost [perhaps] my 'C' drive. I have wrestled with this for six hours this morning. I tried only to put in the Marvell drivers, but everything and more that could go wrong did....and I can no longer get into that drive! I don't know where to begin....I had every kind of error message and times it would not boot. I can not [never was able] to complete a XP repair. It started and then when it rebooted it hung and from there it was all downhill. I don't know where to begin, without doing more damage. I just spent the last two hours building a new disk so I could do anything!...but this has nothing on it. It may, however have the AHCI drivers - it worked [maybe - haven't tested yet - too much stress and chaos], but it was a new install on an empty disk. But my other disk was months of building and installing and I can't start over. How do I get my old disk so I can enter it, boot it up!.....I was afraid of just such happening and it did....worse than imagined possible. Sorry I sound upset. I am. And very sad....
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Noctua NH D-14

your temps are fine to me,the only goodway to cool your north/south bridge and mosfets and sata chip would to go with an ek mb watercool block
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP! Total Disaster! I have lost [perhaps] my 'C' drive. I have wrestled with this for six hours this morning. I tried only to put in the Marvell drivers, but everything and more that could go wrong did....and I can no longer get into that drive! I don't know where to begin....I had every kind of error message and times it would not boot. I can not [never was able] to complete a XP repair. It started and then when it rebooted it hung and from there it was all downhill. I don't know where to begin, without doing more damage. I just spent the last two hours building a new disk so I could do anything!...but this has nothing on it. It may, however have the AHCI drivers - it worked [maybe - haven't tested yet - too much stress and chaos], but it was a new install on an empty disk. But my other disk was months of building and installing and I can't start over. How do I get my old disk so I can enter it, boot it up!.....I was afraid of just such happening and it did....worse than imagined possible. Sorry I sound upset. I am. And very sad....
    can you see the drive from your current install?can you access it??? also have you tried start up repair from windows install disk??
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not fret yet!!

Sorry for not getting back to your PM's sooner, I had a long night at work and was too tired to stop in last night.

Yes, you can put in more than one driver, and use more than one floppy when installing drivers.

But lets make this simple for now and install the Intel AHCI driver, then once done and sure the drive boots to windows you can add in the AHCI driver for Marvell.

Please remove all drives from your system, except leave/put your DVD drive on SATA2_5, and the problem drive on SATA2_0.

I am making you a guide now, please wait and don't do anything
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-22-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Please remove all drives from your system, except leave/put your DVD drive on SATA2_5, and the problem drive on SATA2_0.

Then do the repair install again, this time loading the Intel driver.

How to create your floppy

1. Download and extract the driver you need from the below choices

32 bit
    ┬*32-bit Intel┬« RST Driver Files for F6 Install

64 bit
    ┬*64-bit Intel┬« RST Driver Files for F6 Install

2. Copy all the driver files onto the Root of a floppy drive as shown below

3. This is how your floppy should look once done >>

Enter BIOS and set Intel controller mode to AHCI per below

Integrated Peripherals

X58
    Intel Controller (Blue Ports)
    eXtreme Hard Drive (Intel ICH10R Chipset) ........................
    ICH SATA Control Mode (Intel ICH10R Chipset) ..................... AHCI
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode (Intel ICH10R South Bridge) ............. Enabled

Repair XP and Install above driver

1. Selecting the driver to use

2. Driver is now loaded, you can continue or load additional drivers

3. Windows setup screen, choose Setup XP now

4. Windows has found previous installation, here is where you choose repair

5. Done, remove floppy and install CD, reboot and you should be in windows now in AHCI mode

But now I can not get access to that disk....the bootsector and/ormore is all messed up!....and I realized that is also why I was not getting SATA III....needs drivers into XP as well..but I really am terrified at this point to try it with the new disk...as it seems to work on a new install but not on a repair. All was going fine until the XP install reboots...then it just hung and that is 'all she wrote'....I couldn't for hours get the machine to even boot and got all kinds of errors. I didn't write them all down....maybe 20 different. I386 VGAOEM.Fon missing; Error Code 7; Error Code 32768; were just a few I noted. I'm terrified to try - I tried perhaps 50 times and things only got worse. I can see the data is in there, but the Windows is all corrupt and the XP disk will NO LONGER do a repair on it. It only talks about deleting all programs and settings....weeks of work! That disk may be forfeit as a bootable disk!...I fear....but thanks for the help above for [if I feel brave] doing similar with new disk with SATA 3 drivers....if I can figure which they should be. For now, I'm exhausted and depressed. Maybe another time. But I did do what you describe above. It said something to the effect of it had tried this partition before, without success, and asked if I wanted to try and UPGRADE again?!?!? - not any talk of repair. The other option would wipe out all programs installed [many]! Is there are way out of this mess? It really seems this should only be attempted on a new installation of the OS. That went without problem using the same floppy....but I'd not want to go back now and add the other drivers for fear of the same problem. I do now have hot swap, but not SATA III.[with my new empty drive] .....ugh....sorry I went into panic mode..but lost [perhaps] two months effort in a few hours frustration. Also remember I'm not at this point doing Intel drivers. I did the Marvell only - worked on the new complete OS install. Got completely messed-up on the repair install and hope there is a way to save that disk as a bootable one!!!
    Last edited by crazybear; 05-22-2010 at 11:54 PM.
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Noctua NH D-14

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information