Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-H57M-USB3 Issues

Default Re: GA-H57M-USB3 Issues

im still having problems booting into my o.s with Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 Motherboard. the only positive i have is what i said regarding manually going into the bios and setting up the configuration on my memory status. that is ridiculous if that is the case. In either case i hope this works b/c im all out of ideas. gigabyte should state what we should do if we run into problems like this, and im sure im not the only one! i have rebuild numerous P.C's in the past and had no problem until now =( , but like i said i hope this will fix my nightmare i have been having!!

Has anyone tryed this configuration and worked???
    Last edited by djfuze; 05-06-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

For more than 4GB you are going to have to make several changes in your BIOS, this is normal. Please give me your current full settings in a template from my signature, use the P55 template.

Is this memory on the QVL? If not, then you can't blame GIGABYTE for these problems :) Just saying, memory compatibility is something you should always check, especially so with 8GB.

I can probably help you get this sorted out though unless the memory is not compatible at all, get me your settings and we will go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    For more than 4GB you are going to have to make several changes in your BIOS, this is normal. Please give me your current full settings in a template from my signature, use the P55 template.

Is this memory on the QVL? If not, then you can't blame GIGABYTE for these problems :) Just saying, memory compatibility is something you should always check, especially so with 8GB.

I can probably help you get this sorted out though unless the memory is not compatible at all, get me your settings and we will go from there.

well i did go into the bios and changed my qpi to 1.31 and my memory voltage to 1.64
    i was on the phone with corsair all day. so when i put it to thoses specs it did boot to the o.s but about 2 min or so my machine just shutdown.

i am currently at work but my bios version is F4

Give me your fulll settings, you may need to change more than that, and or that might not be enough.

You may need 1.2-1.35+ QPI/Vtt, 1.1 PCH, 1.66 Vdimm and maybe some other changes as well, please give me your current full settings in a template from my signature.

Is your memory on the QVL list?

Ok, here is the answer from Gigabyte.

Code:
    Dear Sir, 

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, several possibilities might cause the problems, such as something wrong with memory, motherboard, power, attached hardwares...etc. We suggest that you could try to do a simple test first:

Remove such as add-on cards, devices from motherboard and make sure others on the motherboard are installed properly, then please take off the on-board battery to leak voltage to clear CMOS data by following the steps below: 

1) Turn off power.
    2) Remove the power cord from MB.
    3) Take out the battery gently and put it aside for about 10 minutes or longer. (Or you can use a metal object to connect the two pins in the battery holder to make them short-circuited.)
    4) Re-insert the battery to the battery holder. 
    5) Connect power cord to MB again and turn on power.
    6) Power on your system, then press DEL to enter BIOS and load fail-safe defaults setting.
    7) Save changes and reboot the system. 

After that, please test your system in a simple environment by only putting CPU, single memory, VGA card and power to observe the result. If there's nothing wrong in simple environment, try to install several additional cards into the slot one by one to observe the result again and again. 

But, if the problem still occurs in a simple environment, a further testing or examination to your system might be required. We suggest you can contact with your supplier or nearest distributor and see if they can help you to test your system directly. For distributor contact information, please CLICK HERE. We are really sorry for the inconvenience you have with our product.

At last, if you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
    I don't have to say that I had already done everything they said well before I reported the issue. Cleared the cmos many times, etc. So, the answer from them it's worthless and gave me no hope. I'm going to say my conclusions.
    I installed the generic PSU and managed to install Win 7. The computer has not shut down again but....I began to experience several issues. System disk often needed to be checked with check disk and needed to be repaired (no physical damage, the HDD has no problems, tested several times), problems with the onboard video (or should I say onmicro?), sometimes after the windows screen the display turned off. A lot of error in the event viewer. Explorer stopped working, etc.
    So, I took my kit, threw it away and put my "old" kit back, with my "old" PSU, and EVERYTHING is working perfectly. More than one day of test.
    Maybe it was my bad look but I'm not happy with a technology that you have to be an expert to go into the BIOS and manually configure every parameter there, even if you are not planning to overclock.
    Last edited by iballz; 05-08-2010 at 02:05 PM.

So you are up and running smoothly again then?
    Yes, I just returned to my old configuration (GA-G33M-DS2R, Core 2 Duo E8400, Kingston HyperX 2x1GB, PSU AeroCool HorsePower 650, Ati 4770), everything is working fine so far.

Ahh, sorry!

I thought you meant you put back different memory and PSU. Sorry to hear you are having such issues with this H57 setup!

You didn't answer my post above, I can help you with settings and getting it going if you want. If the memory is compatible that is

Ahh, sorry!

I thought you meant you put back different memory and PSU. Sorry to hear you are having such issues with this H57 setup!

You didn't answer my post above, I can help you with settings and getting it going if you want. If the memory is compatible that is
    I'm sorry, I tried everything you told me. I put all the voltages in the BIOS as you said. I talked to the Mushkin people, memories are fine for this board. I suspect that the board itself it's faulty.

Ahh well it could be then.

You sure you tried what I suggested? If you only used 1.3V QPI/Vtt it may have not been enough, this may be the issue

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information