Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GA-H57M-USB3 Issues

Default Re: GA-H57M-USB3 Issues

The problems have changed depending on the day and what settings I have tried out but they have mainly been:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    • Windows 7 restarting sporadically. Sometimes even before Windows have started or in BIOS mode but that was rare.
    <o:p></o:p>
    • Unable to have uptime of more then 3 min if Intels graphic driver was installed. Worked 10-60 minutes without the graphic drivers or in safe mode.
    • Unable to install Windows 7. Restarted during installation or got error during extraction phase.
    As you can imagine Im quite relieved of finally having a stable system. But if you have any suggestion to optimize my settings further please let me know. I have no knowledge of these settings and have just played around (and reading this forum) until I found something that worked.

Well since my RAM is still in 15 "return warranty" days, I exchanged the Corsair XMS3 with 8 Gig G.Skill ECO RAMs. They are on the compatibility list and have better timing (7-8-7-24). 3 days since I exchanged to them and never ever have experienced any reboot or shut down.

I didn't add voltage, and amazingly, this rams could run on 1600MHz by only 1.35V (XMP mode). No more voltage changes on QPI/PCH/advance CPU functions.

I read a lot info about this board and related rams (OCZ, Mushkin, Corsair), and all people got their machines right after they changed RAMs. From what I read, G.Skill got the best stability.

If you still got a chance to change your rams and you still experiencing rebooting, try change your RAM to those on the compatible list. You will be good, trust me.

It would be nice if Gigabyte could improve the memory compatibility for this board, maybe a BIOS update?
    I managed to put my kit to work thanks to advices given here but I spent a lot of time doing that.
    Now Im experiencing something estrange when writing/reading from an external USB HDD. The speed is around 22 MB/s when copying TO the USB HDD, if I start any program while copying the speed increases to almost 30MB/s. Something similar happens when copying FROM the USB HDD, speed is around 32 MB/s and increases to 35 MB/s when starting a program.
    It seems to associated somehow with the micro increasing its activitie. I have trying disabling EIST, nothing, C1E, nothing. Tested with a LOT of different USB HDDs, same results with all of them. If I manage to get the micro to work to around 25%-30% the transfer speed reaches its maximum.
    Last edited by iballz; 06-01-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

These boards are new, they will of course add more memory compatibility in future BIOSes.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information