Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R never returns from sleep mode

Wink Re: GA-X58A-UD3R never returns from sleep mode

Quote Originally Posted by skoka View Post
    I also have a problem getting out of sleep mode. I read some where that it may be due to the wireless keyboard and mouse. I have to do a hard reset to get it back (that cant be good for it ;)

I have a x58a-ud3r F1 bios
    i7 930
    6g g.skill 1600 triple channel ram
    antec 650 watt power supply
    5770 vapor x
    212 hyper + cooler

It is not oced at all. Temps are High 20's to low 30's at idle. I have not seen temps over 44 under load.

I am also having a problem with the onboard sound card.

What is the latest bios and do you think it will fix my problem? I am afraid to flash the bios I dont want to screw it up!

Thanks for your help

Skoka

Any thoughts?
    I have had my Bios at time of purchase at F1. I have after a month started to get randon freeze ups and I have tried most everything. As of today I upped it from F4 to F5 to see if it stablizes any. I notice on mine that the monitor goes asleep and dosent wakeup but I have to repower the monitor and usually its ok. I also enabled the HPET to 64Bit in Bios and for now working the basics in the Bios to see if it is stable and no freezing.
    I really don't know if this is any one issue that we are having since you have areas I have not been experiencing freezes. (That I know of) I did a Memtest last night and all was goo there, So for me I am leaning toward a shabby PSU not 80+ Cirtified maybe my issue maker.

Never heard of the Wireless keyboard issue but wouldn't mind a link to it to study.
    My lights on the memory (LED's) were 2 lit then the other day I saw 3 lit and the last was red so at that I decided to reset the CMOS and start over. Then today I upped to F5 and still testing settings Again!
    INTEL i7-920 2.66GHZ 8M LGA 1366
    GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R Rev 1
    ASETEK 120MM WATERCOOLER
    6GB KINSTON HYPER X DDR3
    BLACK AZZA SOLANO 1000 FULL TOWER
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    2TB SATA III 3.0 GB 7200RPM HD
    BLACK LITE-ON 24X DVDRW
    SEASONIC X750 Gold PSU
    ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND
    ATI RADEON 5750 1GB DDR3
    WINDOWS 10 64Bit 10240

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R never returns from sleep mode

I have similar settup and am having system crashes when it tries to resume from sleep mode. It is now consistently crashing when waking from sleep. I am using f6b bios. I don't remember this happening with the earlier f5 bios. I would think it is a bios thing. I have mine OC'd to 3.66 Ghz...nothing crazy for water cool.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Are you 100% stable? You can't just assume so after the flash and use the same settings, with each BIOS you may need different settings so you would need to tweak and test stability again.

You are correct though, it could just be an issue with the F6b BIOS, I was just saying the above in case you plugged in the same settings without testing and expected it to just work.

If you test again and find you are 100% stable, then it very well may be the BIOS, and if so you may need to wait for another update, or go back to F5 BIOS if you need S3 to work

I have no problem when i hit sleep,mainly for GC for my SSD i just click the mouse and im off,hum maybe they where made on a fri. you know how that goes,j/k but mine runs like a champ,3.5 is a decent o/c so i run it there my ram@1800,ill cross my fingers
    ASROCK KK10N78M
    AMN PHENOMII X3-740 BE
    WD 500 GIG HDD
    GAMMAXX 300 DEEP COOL
    2X1 CRUCIAL BALLISICKS
    ANTEC EARTHWATTS 585 WATT PSU
    2XLITE ON BURNERS
    6X45 WATT LAMPTRON FC2 FAN CONT.
    ASUS 210 VIDEO CARD
    RAIDMAX DIRK TOOTH SMILADON CASE

I think some of the issue he is having with the ram may be something to do with the eazy tune. NEVER use that GUI stuff to OC. It is dangerous and they are known to fail. I personally uninstalled that! eztune
    Always use the BIOS to tweak.
    If the EZtune and the other things in the BIOS don't match up may be whats happening.
    Anytime I raise my Kinston HyperX 1600 to 9-9-9-27 T1 and then clock to 3.2Ghz my LED's start to light up more. At no OC now and ram at Auto settings I have no led's lit. Only when I go into the BIOS or reboot during bootup do all my led's light at once.

I still have the gremlin and I am more certain that mine is PSU isssue.

Other Advice is to try and do your power management in WIN7 and set it to high performance and see if that helps any over time.
    I too have the monitor don't wake up problem now and then.
    One last thing I notice about this mobo. In the bios saving stuff, I notice some tweaks it does and complete power down and powers back up after F10 to save, Other time I notice I tweak F10 to save and it just does a reboot without a power down.

So I have been using a different approach to reset the CMOS then go and Optimize bios setting>save restart into BIOS then make ALL of my new tweaks at once including any OC then F10 > save and it will power down all the way and restart..
    I'm thinking that maybe it don't save the tweaks sometimes without that complete power down cycle..
    INTEL i7-920 2.66GHZ 8M LGA 1366
    GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R Rev 1
    ASETEK 120MM WATERCOOLER
    6GB KINSTON HYPER X DDR3
    BLACK AZZA SOLANO 1000 FULL TOWER
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    2TB SATA III 3.0 GB 7200RPM HD
    BLACK LITE-ON 24X DVDRW
    SEASONIC X750 Gold PSU
    ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND
    ATI RADEON 5750 1GB DDR3
    WINDOWS 10 64Bit 10240

Hi Guys,

Figured I'd join in on this. I just built a new PC on the weekend and I've been having this same problem while completely stock.

The problem occurs if I sleep the computer and then leave it for a long period of time say 12+ hours. The computer comes back on the lights come on and the raptors spin up but both monitors have no signal. When I hard reset I get windows trying to restore the suspended data and then it fails and I get a black screen with a flashing underscore. When I reset from this the third time it starts up I get the "do you want to delete the restore data and boot windows' I hit yes and it's all good. I assume that's the same issue everyone else is having?

If I sleep it then wake it up straight away its fine (just tested it now).

I'll check what BIOS I have and update this shortly but I guess the point of the post is that it's probably nothing to do with wireless mice, overclocks, etc. since I haven't done any of that (wired mouse ps2 keyboard) and it's the same problem.

Setup is as follows:
    i7 930
    X58A-UD3R
    Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic Ed
    Corsair 1000W HX-1000
    Geil Evo Two PC3-12800 7-7-7-24 1600MHz 6GB (3x2 Tri)
    Noctua NH-U12P
    WD 150GB Raptors x2 + WD 1TB all SATA2
    eSATA 1TB WD

update the bios first as its probably that
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    update the bios first as its probably that
    So it looks like my BIOS is "FA" and the only update I can find is "F16b" will try that.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You have revision 2.0 board correct? If so please try that BIOS you mentioned, or here is the latest (FB18)
    http://oldforum.gigabyte.de/forumdow...8AUD3R-B18.zip

Be sure you use Qflash to update, DO NOT USE @BIOS!!

Also, disable Keep DMI Data before you flash, here is a guide
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You have revision 2.0 board correct? If so please try that BIOS you mentioned, or here is the latest (FB18)
    http://oldforum.gigabyte.de/forumdow...8AUD3R-B18.zip

Be sure you use Qflash to update, DO NOT USE @BIOS!!

Also, disable Keep DMI Data before you flash, here is a guide
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html
    Yeah it's the rev2.0 board. I was looking on Gigabyte's site here: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE

I can't see any mention of any newer ones on either the AUS or US gigabyte sites. Where'd you find the FB18?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information