Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-X58A-UD5 + 930 dissappearing ram

NGL_BrSH is offline Member

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD5 + 930 dissappearing ram

well i did have the exact same problem with ocz ram too though.. i swapped out my board and bought the gskill figuring it wouldnt 'happen again.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

whats funny is.. with my last abit board on my e6600 i had major pc2 8500 issues with some cutting edge expensive mushkin.. but the replacement ocz gold ram i bought to use while i (multiple times) RMA'd my mushkin worked flawlessly.

oh well, I have faith someone will cry more than me or gigabyte already knows about it should be solved in the next bios. *crossesfingers*

Did you try to get help here with your Mushkin/E6600?

Did you try older BIOS like mentioned a few posts back, being sure to clear DMI between the flashes and load optimized after?

If you did and it is working, and now is not in the new BIOS please send in a issue report linking this thread and ask them to forward it to the BIOS Engineers.
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx

If that is the case, they may have changed something or left something out and did not realize it when making the latest BIOS.

hah, i'm going to live with it for now until a newer version of bios comes out and see if that fixes it. If not i'll go backwards... however like you said it's best to not flash backwards.

I think the point is that if you don't flash down then we wont know if something in the latest is broken and it's unlikely it'll get fixed in the future until someone reports it. :)

ok, flashed back to F4 bios since it was the one that was supposed to have added support for my 930 cpu.. i'll start there and post back tomorrow after i've let it cool down.

Ok well I don't want to get too excited and jinx myself here but.. computer was off for 8 hours.. has the F4 bios instead of the F5 bios installed.. hit power on and all 6 gigs showed up like the old days before i flashed.
    I'll test it again tomorrow morning as well. Looking good so far. If I isolate the issue to the F5 bios, I guess I'll have to let Gigabyte know somehow.

Thanks!

Ya, that is what I wanted you to do so we could see if this is a BIOS issue or not. If it turns out you think for sure it is then we will need to let the BIOS team know so they can look into it.

Not so fast.. even though everything worked fine for teh first time in weeks yesterday cold boot, This morning back to the same old 4 gigs showing vs 6.

I'm not sure if i feel comfortable flashing all the way back to F1 but I might as well try it. This time i'll cold boot it three days i a row and give you my findings.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information