Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Tweaking Memory F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (4GB (2 x 2GB))

Default Tweaking Memory F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (4GB (2 x 2GB))

Hi,

Recently was doing some tweaking as I got my computer where I wanted it to be and was wondering if anyone here can tell me the correct settings that I should have set in the bios for max performance with my memory Timmings in regards to:

tRC - (Should be = tRAS + tRP or above for stability) <------I think I have this set correct.
    tWTR - (Must be Write to Read Delay/Same Rank - (tWL + 4) <-----I am confused about this one maybe someone can tell me the correct value by looking at my screen shots can't find Write to Read Delay/Same Rank?
    tWTP - (tWTP Must = tWR + tWL + 4) <------ If someone can tell me correct value for this as well.
    tWL - (tWL Must be CAS Latency -1)

Attachment 2407

I am currently running at 9-9-9-24 any help would be appreciated thanks.

Default Re: Tweaking Memory F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (4GB (2 x 2GB))

can someone please help me?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Tweaking Memory F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (4GB (2 x 2GB))

For your above settings:

tRC can be 33 +/1 (tRAS + tRP in your image = 33)

tWTR = Write to Read Delay Same Rank is in the image you have above, it is Channel A Reads Followed by Reads, On the Same Rank. (tWL + 4) - Write to Read/Same Rank Value. So to set this manually you need to first set the same rank value manually, then - 12 (your tWL + 4) and you will have your tWTR value. For example if you set 1 for Write to Read/Same rank then you would have 12 - 1 = 11 tWTR

tWTP can be any value as long as you follow the rule. As of now you have tWL 8, so 8+4 + tWR = tWTP. You will need to find what tWR value works for you before you can set this.

tWR setting will not work with odd values, so keep that in mind when setting tWR

All of these are tricky, so it can take a bit to get straight, that is why I no longer suggested advanced settings when I advise people, it would just take me far to long to advise everyone, and once they changed any value it may not boot with advised settings if they broke a rule. So it is very hard for me to advise people on these for X58 so I don't anymore.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-12-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Thread Information