Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GA-VM900M 1.0 : No "Virtualization Technology" for a processor that supports it

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-VM900M 1.0 : No "Virtualization Technology" for a processor that supports it

I did not imagine memory perfomance are that low. Not much can be done then.
    I hope it works well for you.

alb3530 is online now Junior Member

Default Re: GA-VM900M 1.0 : No "Virtualization Technology" for a processor that supports it

I thought about setting timings manually, but I wasn't sure system would boot up if i did that, and I wasn't willing to open case in order to reset CMOS if something wrong happened.

I was going to set 1T CMD in BIOS, but memory wouldn't support it

And timings are normally set to their best by SPD, right?

Or do you think I should try something manually?

Best regards

Well I don't know this chipset, timings should be set according to SPD.
    if you post a screen capture of MemSet main(click >>) and SPD(click spd) windows we may be able to tell more.
    You can download MemSet from http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Well I don't know this chipset, timings should be set according to SPD.
    if you post a screen capture of MemSet main(click >>) and SPD(click spd) windows we may be able to tell more.
    You can download MemSet from http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/
    This tools refuses to run in my PC.It shows "NOT FOR THIS SYSTEM"

Got it from another place and it shows "NOT FOR THIS CHIPSET"

Will try other versions, if all fail, then I will try some timing adjustments on my own and see what happens....

Best regards

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You can try Everest Ultimate and see if it will give you the SPD info, you can get a trial here
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

SPD info is available in this program, here is an image showing you where

You can also look with CPU-z in the SPD Tab. I should have mentioned this first, it's much easier :)
    CPUID

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You can try Everest Ultimate and see if it will give you the SPD info, you can get a trial here
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

SPD info is available in this program, here is an image showing you where

You can also look with CPU-z in the SPD Tab. I should have mentioned this first, it's much easier :)
    CPUID
    Thanks for the tip

I'd used Everest before, though I'm with AIDA32 portable now, that gives me the informations I need, but actually the timing values are displayed in BIOS screen as well ("Advanced Chipset Features").

But I thought Chike wanted some other extended information, as the JEDEC table is available in CPU-Z report I've posted earlier (WIN7 txt).

See below: (line copied from the file posted before)

JEDEC #3 5.0-5-5-15-20 @ 333 MHz

So what do you say, Chike?

Best regards

Your timings are right, probably most you can get from the VIA chipset.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Your timings are right, probably most you can get from the VIA chipset.
    I see...but I've noticed something here:

Max board's FSB is 266, and memory is running at 333 (as reported by MaxxMEM)

Is it correct, or due to FSB limitation, current clock can't exceed 266, therefore It's not really running at 333, but at 266?

In that case, I could tight timings.

Best regards

The memory realy run at 333MHz clock. The chipset has a miltipler for the memory derived from the FSB like the CPU.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya he wanted the full SPD table for your memory, which CPU-z does not provide (Sorry for my comment on that above), everest is what you would need to use to see all the timings.

Your memory is running at 333Mhz (666Mhz) because you or the board has set 2.50 Memory multi based on your FSB. 266 FSB x 2.50 Memory multi = 666Mhz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information