Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ga-p55m-ud2 and 12V system fan starting issue

Default Re: ga-p55m-ud2 and 12V system fan starting issue

Im using a different mobo but had the same problems using the sys_fan2 as it was MEGA slow. Even though a BIOS has been released for my mobo to allow me to set the voltages manually (a guide needs to be written on this as i cant be the only person who doesnt understand it?) i ended up buying one of these leads as i found it to be rather handy (unless of course you use a fan controller)

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?t...model=AK-CB002

May be of some use/interest

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Nope, not in the latest Beta F4f, just checked.
    I think you meant F9f ? Anyway, thanks a lot for looking into it. I hope this will be solved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SB420 View Post
    i ended up buying one of these leads as i found it to be rather handy (unless of course you use a fan controller)

Akasa Thermal Solution

May be of some use/interest

Should be an excellent solution with this fan:

SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration

Not only it is very quiet, but also it is thermally regulated. Seems great, and it exists in 120 and 80mm.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zeb View Post
    I think you meant F9f ? Anyway, thanks a lot for looking into it. I hope this will be solved soon.
    Hmm, odd! No, I meant F4f, from this link
    http://america.gigabyte.com.tw/FileL...5m-ud2_f9f.exe

From this page
    GA-P55M-UD2 (rev. 1.1) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

It downloads as F9f, but extracts as F4f. Can you provide me with a link to F9f that extracts as that and I will check it for you?

Hmm, odd! No, I meant F4f, from this link
    http://america.gigabyte.com.tw/FileL...5m-ud2_f9f.exe

From this page
    GA-P55M-UD2 (rev. 1.1) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

It downloads as F9f, but extracts as F4f. Can you provide me with a link to F9f that extracts as that and I will check it for you?
    You are right, and that does not inspire too much confidence when a beta BIOS is mislabelled! I think I'll wait a little before flashing!

Anyway, the two Asia and Asia(China) links are the F9f bios (from http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Mothe...S&FileID=15636). The Europe link is the F4f, and the Russia link do not work. I did a md5sum on both F9f and F4f, and they are different, confirming it is not just a mislabelling. I wonder what this F4f really is. Also, it would be useful to have a more detailed info file with those BIOS.

By the way, I have revision 1.0 of the motherboard, not 1.1, but that does not affect the BIOS version I can use.

Many thanks

Well it could just be a label issue, which is no big deal, you'd have to flash it and check though but even then one could not be sure if it is mislabled or not if it still said F4f in BIOS info and CPU-z.

Thanks for the heads up on the different links, I only grabbed one I think and not sure which (Likely the FTP one). I just checked F9f and no new fan control either there. I have recently found that this may be sometime before it is implemented to other boards, the feature I mentioned was a single BIOS test only done for a specific testing purpose. Hopefully we can get it added for future BIOSes once the kinks are worked out, but for now this is not something you should wait to update on because it may not be ready for this board for a while (If they even add it to P55).

I'd say go ahead with F9f, but the fan functions will likely be the same, and no new PWM feature for sure though.

Well it could just be a label issue, which is no big deal, you'd have to flash it and check though but even then one could not be sure if it is mislabled or not if it still said F4f in BIOS info and CPU-z.

Many thanks for your testing. I have compared both files F4f and F9f and they are definitely different (although I have not flashed either of them). Thanks a lot for the info, I'll try F9f from the Asian site soon then.

Ya, I assume they are different. That one link is just messed up is all, they must have zipped the wrong file.

F9f would be the latest to use

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information