Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P55-UD4P Random Reboots

Default Re: P55-UD4P Random Reboots

With 1.25v vcore, prime95 worker thread crashed after 2 hours. Raised the vcore to 1.275, and left it overnight, but PC had restarted itself when I woke up this morning... Will try raising the QPI voltage a bit when I get back from work. I'll try it at around 1.3v, as wazza suggested. I think my initial 1.35v was a bit too high, but 1.25v may be a bit too low.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sounds like that would be the thing to test next! Let us know how you get along testing things.

Core voltage of 1.275v was causing crashes and BSOD's pretty quick, so changed the voltage back down 1.25v. I changed the command rate on the memory to 1, which seemed to expose any instabilities pretty quickly (i.e. the system crashes quicker :P ). Upped the QPI voltage to 1.31, but one of the prime worker threads stopped after about 2 hours with a rounding error. Dropped the QPI voltage a touch, down to 1.29v, and left it over night. 3 of the threads died overnight; one at 4 hours, one at 5.5 hours and one at 8 hours.

So going forward, I'm gonna drop the command rate back to 2 when I get home from work and see how that goes. Otherwise, I'm kinda out of ideas...

I suggest keeping command rate at 1T, otherwise you are robbing your system of performance you dont need to.

Try more Vcore, with the small changes in Vcore you are making using a bit more (From 1.25 to 1.27) is not causing the crashes at all, they are just happening because of other things. I say try 1.28-1.32 and see how that goes

I've been reading around, and I've read from many sources that load line calibration can cause voltage spikes, so I've disabled it, and pushed up the core voltage to compensate (to 1.35v). I understand that it reduces vdroop immensely, but is it not possibly the cause of my current instabilities?

Running prime95 at the moment. Will leave it overnight and report back. If it's stable, I'll start reducing the voltage until I find a lower stable voltage. Does load line calibration also affect QPI voltage? (Guess it must) If that is the case, should I also bump up my QPI voltage as well. Its at 1.29v at the moment.

That is old hype, caused by one or two killed CPU's which could have been anything to blame. It is fine to use, but yes it is up to you to decide.

LLC does not affect QPI/Vtt voltages, those will remain as you set them

At 1.35v core voltage with 1.29v QPI voltage with LLC disabled, I got a rounding error with prime95 after 3 hours 20 mins. I set the QPI voltage up to 1.35v, but this caused an error within 10 minutes. I then set the QPI voltage to 1.25, and left it overnight. When I woke up, prime was still running fine with 0 errors, but then about 30 minutes later it threw a rounding error ( 8 hours 20 minutes ). Think I'm gonna try lowering the QPI a bit more when I get back from work, down to about 1.21v.

One interesting thing to note is that my temps at these settings are slightly lower than they were with 1.25v vcore and 1.25v qpi with LLC enabled (about 1 - 2c), even though cpu-z reports the core voltage at 1.3v, and significantly lower than 1.3v vcore with LLC enabled (about 6c), even though this results in roughly the same reported voltage under load...

I think you should leave QPI/Vtt at 1.25-1.29 then, and raise Vcore a few notches, what you suggest trying is not going to help you I don't think.

Ok, will try that rather. Also, should I raise the PCH or CPU PLL at all? They currently at default voltages ( not auto, just 1.050v and 1.800v )...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information