Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EX58-UD4P unable to get past "Verifying DMI Pool Data" no matter what

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX58-UD4P unable to get past "Verifying DMI Pool Data" no matter what

HAHA! Yes this is a common thing, sorry I did not mention it before (Unless I did?).

I thought you solved the issues previously, but I guess not? Either way, glad to see you are happy again now!

Yes, you will need to enable that setting anytime you need to boot from USB or use USB Items in DOS.

Default Re: EX58-UD4P unable to get past "Verifying DMI Pool Data" no matter what

Yes, you did :)
    But, I guess I'm just SOL because that was a (very) unfortunate coincidence: I had borked boot record AND these USB drives were having fun. So I couldn't tell one from another until I recovered BCD! But now I think it's pretty clear that earlier and recent freezes were due to USB drives. Gah!.. Why can't someone fix that, I wonder?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well at least you now know!

I am not sure why they leave it enabled by default, you would think disabled by default would cause less problems and then just add a note in the manual reminding users to enable this to use external USB Devices.

Same applies with USB keyboard I think, this should be enbled by default then add note disable if using PS/2. Would save plenty of USB keyboard users the hassles of trying to find out why they can't access the BIOS to start setting up their systems

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information