Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigiabyte H55M UD2H BIOS failure overclocking bizarre solution

Default Gigabyte H55M UD2H BIOS failure overclocking bizarre solution

Just thought I would share my solution to BIOS overclocking failure message on POST. Just why it works I have no idea but I have now tested this dozens of times:

H55M UD2H Bios F9 and earlier

Symptoms: Change any overclocking setting in BIOS (even by minor amounts from standard settings) and it fails on reboot with overclocking failure

Solution: Last thing, go into miscellaneous settings and toggle the virtualisation and isochronous settings. does not matter if you toggle them on or off, so long as you change them. BIOS will now reboot successfully with my new overclocking settings.

I would be interested to hear if this works for anyone else with the same symptoms. Maybe the toggle triggers something in BIOS setup code that does good things for rebooting new settings.
    Last edited by Jeltz; 04-21-2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: spelling error

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigiabyte H55M UD2H BIOS failure overclocking bizarre solution

Thanks for the post! Hopefully this will help some others with similar issues.

thanks for the idea, I'll try it later today

Default Re: Gigabyte H55M UD2H BIOS failure overclocking bizarre solution

Just a quick update.

This solution continues to work for me and is entirely repeatable.

The toggling of BIOS misc virtualisation and isochronous flags causes an immediate power off on F10 Save. Reboot then happens without overclocking failure.
    Without the toggle, the BIOS pauses several seconds before power off on F10 save, and always boots with overclocking failure. The only exception to this is if the BIOS is at stock factory settings.

Overclocking failure may subsequently occur if the operating system does a soft restart, but never with a cold boot (power off completely). Toggling the BIOS parameters above always fixes the failure.

Jeltz

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for your continued updates Jeltz!

Please send in a report on this issue, give your full specs, the current BIOS version, and tell them how to reproduce the error.

Ask them to forward that info to the BIOS engineers (And keep in mind they will be translating your email)
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Thanks

Thread Information