Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post




  1. #21
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post

    Quote Originally Posted by teebee View Post
    Hi,

    Replacement mobo arrived today and have all up and running, including my two cards. Somehow one of the disks in my RAID 0 was nuked in the process... disk seems OK, but the array doesn't look to be recoverable.

    This may still be ok if you have not tried to do anything with it yet. This will happen if you try to boot windows forgetting to set RAID, or you have the disks out of the previous order. If the later is true you can normally just rearrange the disk ports and it will be fine

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    This may still be ok if you have not tried to do anything with it yet. This will happen if you try to boot windows forgetting to set RAID, or you have the disks out of the previous order. If the later is true you can normally just rearrange the disk ports and it will be fine
    Thanks for the tip. I think that the former is exactly what I had done, though I have been swapping ports in and out like a man posessed and still cannot get it to pick up the array.

    It sees one of the disks as a member, but fails to recognise the other one. I think Windows may have written something to the drive and I am now up the creek. Partition recovery software seems to be able to read the files, so I will try and recover what I can and try not to make such a stupid mistake again.
    Last edited by teebee; 04-22-2010 at 02:57 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    who said telling them its reconditioned? aslong as its been repaired just list it as used
    Same difference when it comes to resale value IMO. Anyway, I think I may just keep it for a spare.

  4. #24
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post

    Quote Originally Posted by teebee View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I think that the former is exactly what I had done, though I have been swapping ports in and out like a man posessed and still cannot get it to pick up the array.

    It sees one of the disks as a member, but fails to recognise the other one. I think Windows may have written something to the drive and I am now up the creek. Partition recovery software seems to be able to read the files, so I will try and recover what I can and try not to make such a stupid mistake again.
    Glad to hear you may be able to recover some of your data at least!

    The former you say, loading windows and forgetting to set RAID again? If so, ya that is often unfixable because windows writes to one of the disks as soon as it tries to load, making the array useless.

    You may have some luck with this guide though, if you badly need to try and recover something you cannot with your current method.
    Intel ICHxR RAID Data Recovery 101 - XtremeSystems Forums

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You may have some luck with this guide though, if you badly need to try and recover something you cannot with your current method.
    Intel ICHxR RAID Data Recovery 101 - XtremeSystems Forums
    Thanks for the link. I had come across runtime last night, but I had already totally messed up what was left of the old array myself and I no longer think that method is viable for me.

    I have the critical stuff backed up and have recovered fragments of the rest. The lost stuff will serve as a reminder to be more careful in the future.

    Just need a grief counselling forum now ;-)

    Thanks for the suggestions.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post

    Your board is exhibiting the same behavior mine did when first purchased it from Newegg just a few weeks ago. It would run for a few seconds then stop for a few seconds, then run again for a few seconds and stop, etc. I tried everyting from new and different power supply, memory, clearing the BIOS, reseating everthing ,different graghics card, on and on, the same thing. I ended up RMA the dam thing to Newegg, at my cost of $22.65 to get a replacement. Thankfully the replacement fired up. I have read a of simlar problems on other forums and in Newegg reviews for our board. Even of you can't go back to the place of purchase, it is supposed to be a 3 year warranty. I know it's a pain...

    Ken

  7. #27
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post

    I hear ya on the grief counseling! I have corrupted an array or two before myself pushing things.

    Glad to hear you got at least most of the important things you needed, and of course that your new board is running now!

    Let us know if you need help with anything else, anytime, we are here to help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •