Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Q6700 + X48-DS4 Overclocking drama

Default Re: Q6700 + X48-DS4 Overclocking drama

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    So 4GB are running now at 4-4-4-12 with stock FSB?
    Could you post full settings?
    did you want MemSet screens? Bios reads 5-5-5-12 in the area that the digital photo in the earlier post shows (standard timing control) that's assuming im even looking in the correct area. also i am going to have to leave pretty soon as ive got work in 6hours and should probably sleep.

thank you for your help so far though, you've gone above and beyond what i was expecting.

the issue with the o/c is strange it doesn't get to the point there it loads the rest of the hardware, it stops at the RAM and resets the multiplier to stock. leaves all the voltages in place. but the RAM timings/multi and cpu fsb/multi revert to stock
    Last edited by broke; 04-21-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Try a long 30 minutes CMOS clear with the battery out, or even overnight if you are going to sleep.
    Load optimized defaults, then set timings 4-4-4-12
    DDR Over Voltage +0.4
    FSB OverVoltage +0.25v - 0.5v
    MCH OverVoltage +0.1v - + 0.15v

see if you can get the memory running with those timings at stock FSB, then we'll try OC.

ok i'll give that a go, i'll post back tomorrow and see how it goes. thanks again for your time, everyone is so nice on this forum unlike many ive been to before.

Quote Originally Posted by broke View Post
    ok i'll give that a go, i'll post back tomorrow and see how it goes. thanks again for your time, everyone is so nice on this forum unlike many ive been to before.
    You are most welcome.
    This is GB TT forum, we try our best to help :-)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Glad to see you like the forum here! We try out best to be kind to everyone and help as much as we can!

Let me know if you need any help from me guys, otherwise good luck with the tweaking here!

In the above images, I see tRFC 42 and tRD 5, this may be too low tRD try 6-7, and tRFC is definitely to low for 4GB try 52-58.

Anyway, I will move along and let Chike help you since he has been, I have tons of posts to try and help in today.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-21-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    In the above images, I see tRFC 42 and tRD 5, this may be too low tRD try 6-7, and tRFC is definitely to low for 4GB try 52-58.
    How does X48 tRD compare to P4x? My system is stable with those timings and tRD 4 with 266MHz FSB.
    I would give higher tRD a try though if the other changes are not enough.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well with 266 FSB it likely would be ok. As for how they compare, P45 is a bit tighter not allowing as low of a tRD as X48 at certain multi/FSB combo's.

tRFC is definitely to low for 4GB though, I could not see what FSB he was using so that was just a guess on tRD being too low

FSB/DRAM ratio 2:3 so 266MHz FSB, tRFC as per SPD/EPP for this kit, the other kit is 52, but may try 52 for this kit and see if it help it any.

hey guys, ok i just pulled the system apart and did some cable management. i also swapped out the pair of RAM we were playing with in favour of the other pair, it didnt default at 4-4-4-12. but when i changed manually it has booted, ive gone back to the bios to check it's still set and they appear to be holding. i manually changed the 4-4-4 but left the 12 section at auto seeing as it defaulted there. i have not changed anything else. it's running with optimal settings and those timings changed. no voltages have been touched either.
    Last edited by broke; 04-22-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: to attach image

ok i did a bit of mucking around with overclocking and pushed it right to 3.20GHz, i put the ram multi on 266mode (as it equaled 800MHz) upped the voltages on everything except the CPU to +0.1. and it's in windows. this is hands down as far as ive gotten recently as far as overclocking goes. the temp is sitting at around 34 on idle across all 4 cores. i havent done anything pushing it into load though yet. system info hasnt picked up the overclock but CPUZ reads it fine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information