Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-X58-UD3R reboot cycle, no POST

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-X58-UD3R reboot cycle, no POST

Aha, looks like that was the problem and they just updated the BIOS for you.

Glad to see all is well now!! Post back anytime if you need help with anything

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Without access to another X58 board you can never be sure what it might be, since you can't test all the hardware on another working board.

I can show you how to short the MAIN BIOS chip and see if this corrects things if you want, otherwise you will need to RMA it sounds like since you have thoroughly tested everything properly.

Hey, when you tested outside of the case did you take it OFF the motherboard tray? Just checking

Also, can you test your hard drives, PSU, and GFX card in another system to verify they are not the cause?
    " pls tell me how to short the main bios because i ve a simimlar problem too"

Have you cleared CMOS fully?

Have you tried booting with only one stick of memory in a white slot, tested them all one by one?

Have you tried booting with NO Hard drives connected, and with a CD/DVD drive connected to SATAII_0 or IDE Master with the motherboard install CD in the drive?

What screen are you presented with now? You can try this first as well as the above mentioned things, then if no luck with anything I'll send you a PM

You can kick in the backup BIOS by shutting down the PSU from the wall, then hold down your case power button in and then turn on the power supply button, a few seconds later the board will start, shut off the power supply then. Then you can turn on the power supply again and power up the board normally and DualBIOS will kick in.
    If none of that helps, let me know what screen you are seeing, and what caused this for you, and I'll send you further info.

i ve tried everytin possible. the screen is not even comin up. anytime i press the power button the system starts the 4 secs reboot cycle and its a never ending cycle. my challenge now is how do i even upgrade the bios since i cant get to the post screen.

Did it used to work? Or did you just build this system?

If it used to work, what caused the failure, a bad flash or what?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information