Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-MA790GP-DS4H problem with LSI RAID card bios

Default Re: GA-MA790GP-DS4H problem with LSI RAID card bios

Heard back from Gigabyte support about adding this fix to the GA-MA790GP-UD4H bios. They say that the fix is already included in the latest F7B bios! -Will

Trantor_rws, Once you get your card working don't forget to enable the write cache on your new volume. You can change this setting in the LSL MSM manager or by using a DOS util called lsiutil.exe. Be sure you are connected to a working UPS before you do change the cache policy as you will loose data if you loose power. -Will

survive you're my HERO !!
    I flash with the F7F bios and everything is OK (system don't hang, I see the lsi controller in bios). I testing to install Windows 7 64b on it....

BUT I have a little issue.

My config
    RAID0 : 2 * 320Go on the onboard raid controller
    RAID0 : 2 * 1To on the lsi controller

When both are enable the system hang on the on-board controller saying :
    Scanning drivers............................... Warning - Something wrong with your hardware.

I tested with and without disk on the on-board controller, same result.
    When I disable the on-board controller everything is fine and system don't hang.

I have data on the 2*320Go, so I need to boot with both controller enable to copy data to one array to the other.

Any ideas ? maybe an other fix needed in bios ?

EDIT :

To activate the write cache in MegaRAID Storage Manager (MSM), I found an option called Disk Cache Policy (Enabled / Disabled), by default it's enable. Is this really the disk cache option ?
    Last edited by trantor_rws; 05-19-2010 at 05:34 AM. Reason: additional info

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you try moving them around in boot disk priority to see if that helps?

Not sure about your write back cache question, but you do know that is also in in windows correct? In device manager, array name, properties, policy

Thanks for uploading the BIOS survive!

Hi trantor_rws, I'm not sure what your problem is, but let's take a shot at sorting it out. I assume that when you boot the LSI BIOS loads first followed by the on-board RAID so I would think that the on-board RAID BIOS is having the same trouble loading (finding room to load) that the LSI was having before the BIOS fix. I'm basing that on this line: Scanning drives............................... Warning - Something wrong with your hardware. which comes from the on-board RAID bios. I would think that you could simply change the on-board SATA controllers from RAID mode over to AHCI mode and boot with only 1 of your 320's connected, copy your data over and get on with your day, but I would strongly suggest that you bounce that idea off someone more certain of what happens in such a situation. Re: write cache settings...yes that is the option I changed. I'm surprised that yours was enabled by default. -Will -Will

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information