Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte's next flag ship board Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9

Default Re: Gigabyte's next flag ship board Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9

i have not played around with the UD7 at all but from everything i have read it have memory problem
    i know that everyone has not had this problem but it more common from what i read
    yes i know i should not beleave everything i read I am out of line with that remark

but the only real differance i see are from what i read is sata 6 and USB 3
    which as far as USB 3 all USB product on the market are USB2 so i see now real inprovement there for now
    and sata 6 would be great if it was on the ICH 10 the mavel raid controler is what i dont like
    as i use 4 are 6 drive in raid 0 so marvel controler doent work form me

plus if i plug in a crative sound card in and of the other PCIE slot i lose x16 to one of my grafic cards
    its not that way on EX58 extreme i am using now

so to me there not much improvement

I am A big Gigabyte Fan my last 5 boards have been gigabyte from Gigabyte GA-8IHXP / Gigabyte GA-8INXP / Gigabyte GA-8KNXP / Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6
    and now running the Gigabyte EX58 Extreme
    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
    Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
    2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
    6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
    2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt
    Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
    Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

now what does scary me is the power connection need for the UD9
    it have 2 8 pin CPU power connection and 2 4 pin moul connection for grafic cards
    haveing to buy a new PSU for the second 8 pin for CPU
    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Judge-dredd View Post
    i have not played around with the UD7 at all but from everything i have read it have memory problem
    i know that everyone has not had this problem but it more common from what i read
    yes i know i should not beleave everything i read I am out of line with that remark

but the only real differance i see are from what i read is sata 6 and USB 3
    which as far as USB 3 all USB product on the market are USB2 so i see now real inprovement there for now
    and sata 6 would be great if it was on the ICH 10 the mavel raid controler is what i dont like
    as i use 4 are 6 drive in raid 0 so marvel controler doent work form me

plus if i plug in a crative sound card in and of the other PCIE slot i lose x16 to one of my grafic cards
    its not that way on EX58 extreme i am using now

so to me there not much improvement

I am A big Gigabyte Fan my last 5 boards have been gigabyte from Gigabyte GA-8IHXP / Gigabyte GA-8INXP / Gigabyte GA-8KNXP / Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6
    and now running the Gigabyte EX58 Extreme
    Ya memory issues are often caused by people who do not know how to setup the BIOS, by incompatible memory without looking around first, or expect to run 12GB @ 2000Mhz, ect.

Normally it is not as picky as the world may make it sound.

24+2+2 power phases is nice as well.

You would not loose PCIE lanes if you use a PCIE x1 sound card, is that what you meant? Even if not, and you meant PCIE x8, you still would not loose lanes on the first main slot if you plugged the PCIE x8 sound card into PCIE x8_2 slot because it only shares the bandwidth from PCIE x16_2

so if i was to use the 2nd PICE 1 slot white slot
    all the blue PCIE 16 will be running at 16 right
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt

LSDME
    i have been looking at the UD& a little hard today and ill have to say 24+2+2 power phase power does look nice has any one you know had any problems with the CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 memory kit
    it runs in my extreme board perfectly at 1600 with timming 8-8-8-24 commant rate 2
    votage 1.65

CPU any north bridge will be water cooled

only thing I im am just not sure about is how much better it will run the my X58 Extreme I no you have both so was hopeing you can tell me what you have found between the 2

thank in advance
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt

so if i was to use the 2nd PICE 1 slot white slot
    all the blue PCIE 16 will be running at 16 right
    No, I mean if you use the second PCIE x8 slot then the second PCIE x16 slot would be the only affected one running at x8 due to you also using the corresponding x8 slot. Sorry I wasn't sure which you meant when I answered so I just assumed x8 card that is why I replied as I did.

The PCIE x1 white slots do not have any affect on the PCIE x8 or x16 slots, they are separated from those slots and run through the ICH10R while the PCIe x8/x16 run through the X58 chipset. Grab the manual and look at the block diagram on page 8, I think it will help you understand better how the slots and switches work when using multiple cards.

LSDME
    i have been looking at the UD& a little hard today and ill have to say 24+2+2 power phase power does look nice has any one you know had any problems with the CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 memory kit
    it runs in my extreme board perfectly at 1600 with timming 8-8-8-24 commant rate 2
    votage 1.65

CPU any north bridge will be water cooled

only thing I im am just not sure about is how much better it will run the my X58 Extreme I no you have both so was hopeing you can tell me what you have found between the 2

thank in advance
    I know right!! It's so dam sexy!

I Stared at it for a long time, until I gave in

This also helped talk me into it
    EK-FB KIT GA X58 (UD7) - Nickel

I have not heard any issues with that memory, but I have not used it myself. Why 2T command rate, you should be able to use 1T no problem???

I find the UD7 to run much nicer and cooler, but I have only used a hexa-core in the UD7 and have not used it in my other X58 boards, so I can't really say the CPU it runs any cooler in this board particular but I suspect it does.

Voltages seems to be stable at lower values for sure, and I do believe the stock IOH Temps are lower as well. Not super sure though on that because I am running full board blocks and CPU all on water as well.

I can tell you if you have the EK Mosfet/NB kit the mosfet blocks I do know these wont fit on this board so you would need to either buy the new full set, or contact EK directly and see if they will sell you the Mosfet piece separately.

Not positive on this, but the NB/SB block may also not fit due to a few capacitors, you might want to call them and ask about that to be sure.

I do advise the whole set new EK FB GA X58 UD7 though, it looks awesome and cools very well!

If you meant using the stock NB water cooling then I dunno, never used it? I do know you will need 3/" tubing on it though.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-01-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Nope, no PCI on this board.

If you need PCI and are looking for one of the new X58 Gigabyte boards, UD7 is a great board

Yes, I decided to go for ud7 from extreme, but now I'm a little nervous about what OTHER improvements in this board :-) (other than nonstandard pci configuration).
    If I no will ever use even dual sli, ud9 can give me any point of intrest in any other feature ?

(the only thing I a little stressed about ud7 that it will go with my 12gb ram or not. Extreme do it well. (with a special config)

Regards,
    Pubem
    Intel Core7 920. D0 stepping
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58-extreme/X58A-UD7
    Chieftec Server case
    PSU: Corsair VX550 W
    Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler
    Scythe s-flex ventillation
    RAM: 12GB ocz platinum 1866 9-9-9-27 (running at below 1700 and 8-8-8)
    GPU:Zotac GTX275 AMP! edition
    HDD:4x1tb samsung spinpoint f1
    Mon: 2x Samsung syncmaster 214t PVA 4:3.

UD7 will work fine with 12GB of memory!

It has better power delivery which makes overclocking easier, and many other nice new features. Is there something you are unsure about?

Hi Lsdmeasap,

Thanx for reply. Comparing two boards on the compare page there is no signiffical difference between ud7 and ud9. I'm simply unsure about uncommon features of ud9 over nonstandard pci features. Any onther improvements against ud7 ?
    To be sure only... Because I have ordered ud7 and today it will arrive..:)

Just realized also that there is no PATA controller on ud7/ud9. It's bad news again, because I have 13 sata hard drive (4 working always and all others are data and backup store, so not connected all of them all the timesl together, but if yes, in this case SATA cd-rom will steal one sata from hard drives thats because I bought dvdwriter with pata connector. I will stick with it, not too big problem.

I'll report on new board, and hoping that I will be not sad why I not goes for ud9... :-)

Regards,
    Pubem
    Intel Core7 920. D0 stepping
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58-extreme/X58A-UD7
    Chieftec Server case
    PSU: Corsair VX550 W
    Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler
    Scythe s-flex ventillation
    RAM: 12GB ocz platinum 1866 9-9-9-27 (running at below 1700 and 8-8-8)
    GPU:Zotac GTX275 AMP! edition
    HDD:4x1tb samsung spinpoint f1
    Mon: 2x Samsung syncmaster 214t PVA 4:3.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information